Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Orange Five Sizing
  • andybanks
    Free Member

Have got a potentially good deal on a second hand Five. Would mean a 2 hour drive to view it so don’t want to waste my time if the sizing is wrong.

I’m 5’10 – what size Five are other guys the similar size riding and how do you find it?

Andy

pbooker1995
    Free Member

Would say a medium would be pretty much spot on.

Im 6 foot and rode a medium with Reverb at quite a height.

andybanks
    Free Member

What do you class as a medium – 18″?

pbooker1995
    Free Member

I would yep. Think they do a 17 as the 2014 medium but the Top tube length is only 2mm shorter than the 2013 18 inch medium, if that makes sense.

joeelston
    Free Member

If it’s a 2013 or earlier model, 17 or 18 will be spot on. I’m 5 11 and owned both sizes.

rickt
    Free Member

I have a 18 2013 model with reverb and fits perfect.

Around same height with a 29.5 inch inside leg.

andybanks
    Free Member

Great guys. Thanks.

It’s a 2012 AM

carlphillips
    Free Member

im a gnats chuff shy of 5’10” and ride a 17″ its spot on, I wouldn’t want it any smaller or larger as its ok for longer rides and pretty ok for chucking it about.

nwill1
    Free Member

+1 on the 17″, I’m a nats knacker shy of 5’10” and ride a 17″ with 50mm stem, I like a smaller bike so the stand over is great but has enough length for longer rides, with lots of climbing a longer stem would work great but I’m too much into downs, drops and jumps to worry about that.

eddie11
    Free Member

The top tube for the 17″ was the same as the 18″, just with more stand over.

rickt
    Free Member

^^ just to add, I pretty sure everything was the same apart from the stand over height.

What size is it ?

Link here to the archive if you want further info to compare default spec etc… (ie thats its not a S or Pro with longer forks… ) however take it with a pinch of salt as spec can change per each build.

andybanks
    Free Member

18″

I’m between 5’10 and 5’11 so should be OK

rudyard197
    Free Member

5’10 and ride a 16″. When things get interesting feels spot on but the the seat post sticks out a lot and think if I got another would go medium. Short rides no problem, longer rides would want more room.

chrism110
    Free Member

im 6.2 and ride an 18inch with a 125mm reverb feels perfect

rickt
    Free Member

Did you get it ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Orange Five Sizing’ is closed to new replies.