Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Orange Five Sizing
  • spock
    Free Member

Hi,
    I’m 5ft 9in and a 31/32inch leg, What size would be recommended? Anyone a similar size? What do you ride? Layback Seatpost/short stem?

Thanks

4ndyB
    Free Member

Similar height/leg

18″ but it doesn’t give that much stand over

Inline post and std 90mm(IIRC) stem

Tried a 16″ but it felt too cramped for me

Just about to sell mine, started an ad here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135632&highlight=

Haven’t advertised it on here yet as I’ve been too busy

CheesybeanZ

5`10″ , 31 inside leg and ride an 18″ with 80mm stem and a gravity dropper post .

gringojimi
    Free Member

I’m 5’10”, 32 inside leg and ride an 18″ with a 70mm stem.

Fits me just right, although I fancy a shorter stem.

spock
    Free Member

No-one ride a 16″ then? i see the singletrack longtermer is a 16″, and he’s 5 10, any thoughts on this?

cheers

orangefive
    Free Member

16″ here, 31 leg, when stood over ball bag was resting on frame when I tried 18 which wouldnt be good for the trickier stuff. Good to chuck around.

spock
    Free Member

Hi Orange Five, How tall are you? Do you use a 400mm post at full extension? Layback? Short or long stem?

Thanks a lot

Jeffus
    Free Member

I’m 5″ 9″ 30″ leg tried an 18 stand over was tricky tried a 16 too short with a 50mm stem OK with a 70mm and lay back seat post, I wass lucky and ended up with a Strange 5 , 16″ seat tube , top tube of an 18″, I run it with a 50mm stem it’s a good fit, I have the KSi900 seat post which is only just long enough for me I think they are 380mm so with your longer legs a 410 would be better, if you went 16″.

orangefive
    Free Member

5 7 ish I think but 31inch leg. Use a thomson straight, no where near full extension, but granted looks quite high due to the drop on the 16. The 2011 frame has bigged seat tube which might help that, just waiting for mine back as cracked my ’09 so have got a 2011 coming under crash replacement. Has standard thomson stem that comes with a pro. No problems and very comfy to ride! You just need to go sit on a couple and make your mind up, the extra couple of inches in your height could be the difference between a 17/18 and short/long stem 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Orange Five Sizing’ is closed to new replies.