Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Orange five RS 2014
  • jaylaz73

Anyone riding one of these yet? If so, what do you think?

jaylaz73

Or the new orange five? What about the sizing? Medium or large for a 5ft 11 rider?

rhysw
    Free Member

I’ve had a go on the RS. It’s a nice bike. I’m 5″10 and the M I rode was too small

munrobiker
    Free Member

My mate has one on long term demo at the moment- think it’s a large and he’s 5’11”. Seemed to think it was very good.

forge197
    Free Member

Rode one back to back with a Bronson, and Heckler, wasn’t impressed by the Five and as a previous five and other Orange bikes over the years was disappointed, having read what’s out there about them expected it to be much better than it was.

roverpig

@forge197: Are you saying that you preferred the older 26″ Five to the new 650b model? If so, why?

forge197
    Free Member

My comparison was with Bronson and heckler, the reference to the Five is that when I had it really enjoyed them (had a couple) and had high hopes for the 650b, not that I compared that back to back.

The Five to me felt slow, dated and heavy and I so wanted to enjoy it, like it and want it 🙁

fodmtbguides
    Free Member

I borrowed one and was surprised how much better it was compared to my 2012 five, so much so I’ve ordered one.

It’s 3lbs lighter, climbs better and still felt nimble. I tested a few bike and the RS was my favourite

roverpig

So, one guy finds it slow and heavy, another finds it light and nimble. Just goes to show that we are all different I guess.

forge197
    Free Member

Just shows how important it is to try a bike for yourself 🙂

cloudnine
    Free Member

3lbs lighter.. wow have they used carbon drawer runners?

nmdbasetherevenge
    Free Member

3 lbs lighter, how did they manage that then?

chestrockwell

OP’s on about the RS so a fair bit will be saved with it being 1×11. Heard somewhere the frame’s a good 0.5/1 lb lighter this year. Also, the RS has a tidy spec over the 2012 mentioned that I guess would be a Pro spec. Should be able to save 3lb no worries.

fodmtbguides
    Free Member

Yes the 2012 was a Pro

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Orange five RS 2014’ is closed to new replies.