Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Orange Five Main Pivot Bearings – Question
  • Carbis

So checked the wife’s bike following a service at a local bike shop and noted that the swing arm has lateral play with a knocking noise. Looks like the main pivot bearings have gone. Question is, will she damage the frame by riding it with the bearings in this state? She’s off to GT this weekend so no time for me to fix, with my current work commitments. Thoughts?

creamegg
    Free Member

Probably will be ok, rode mine months after they needed changing. Saying that it is a 30 minute job tops, and that’s including making a brew

roverpig

I doubt she’ll damage the frame, but she’s increasing the chance that the bearing will disintegrate when she does come to remove it, which can be a pain. Surely you’ve got a hammer and an allen key you could lend her 🙂

Carbis

My wife isn’t mechanically sensitive….

sandal100

If GT is Glentress couldn’t she call in Alpine Bikes in Innerleithen? They sell Orange so may have bearings in stock

rickon
    Free Member

It’ll be fine, she’s probably ridden it like that for ages and not noticed. One more ride won’t matter.

Get yourself some Enduro bearings, a hammer and a piece of wood, and do it yourself.

Or make a bearing press. Hammers seem most appropriate when working on a Five though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Orange Five Main Pivot Bearings – Question’ is closed to new replies.