Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Orange five axle play
  • sia20
    Free Member

Just checking my wheel bearings on my five today and have noticed a good bit of flex / movement on the swing arm mounts , is this normal , can’t say I’ve took any notice before

matt_outandabout

Nope, but it is an easy fix to replace them. See Orange’s site for how to, and get a gert bit rubber mallet…

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

theres a difference between flex and movement. Have you got play ie. movement at the pivot (I assume thats what you mean by swing arm mount), or are you saying you can yank the wheel from side to side and the swing arm flexes? Ive got an Alpine 160 and yes you can visibly flex the swingarm by pulling the wheel from side to side, doesnt take a massive effort.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sia20
    Free Member

Yes just flex but it seems quite excessive , it’s a 3 month old bike so I’m sure it’s no bearing issues

roverpig

How are you measuring the flex and what do you call excessive? I’ve given the rear of my 2013 Five a waggle and it seems stiff enough to me, but I guess it’s all subjective. It certainly flexes when I’m riding it, but that’s part of the charm.

Northwind

Orange monocoque swingarms are always flexy tbh, just how they’re made, sure it’s not just that?

I’d strip it down and have a play with the bearings, pretty easy to do.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Orange five axle play’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts