Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Orange Five 650b VS Mega TR 275
  • si-wilson
    Free Member

Has anyone tried the above bikes b2b?

Can’t make my mind up, and getting a demo on a mega TR 275 is not easy.

rickon
    Free Member

Isn’t the geometry similar *enough* on both with 26 wheels? If so… get a demo on the normal size wheels, and choose the one you prefer.

TBH I can’t see there being much between the 26 and 27.5.

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

TBH I can’t see there being much between the 26 and 27.5

Depends on whether or not his local trails are already alive.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Mate, they’re both high spec bikes, many times better than what the pros were riding just 10 years ago.

Either one of them will delight you, and unless you are an elite level rider, your own limitations will slow you down before the bike’s limitations do.

They’re all the same. Just get the one you fancy the most 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

TBH I can’t see there being much between the 26 and 27.5.

i didn’t think they were making 26″ versions anymore?, if so that’s a pretty big difference i’d say

SirHC

I’ve not ridden the 27.5 versions but have owned both a 26″ Five and now have a Mega TR.

Personally, I prefer the Mega TR. The back end is a lot stiffer and tracks the ground and offers more grip than the Five did. Its also a lot quieter, the Five tended to make quite a bit of racket.

The geometry is pretty similar between the two, the Mega having a slightly longer top tube, head angle being the same. I will be fitting some offset shock bushings to the mega at some point to drop a degree off the head angle, make it a little bit slacker for descending on.

Value for money, the Mega wins hands down. The quality is very good, I was quite dissapointed that my Five had multiple cracks after three years of riding – swingarm and mainframe both had cracks starting, its now hanging on the garage wall.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Orange Five 650b VS Mega TR 275’ is closed to new replies.