Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Orange Fanbois, please help identify this Strange… please
  • loughor
    Free Member

Bought this on a whim today for (i hope) a steal. Orange Strange Easton tube, full 3×9 xt, disc tabs, Manitou Mars with brace in front of stanchions, Race face forged crank, Hope disc hubs with green insignia, Bonty rims. Orange finishing kit. Apparently sold by Cyclelogical in Oxon. Any ideas from STW as to the origin?
    Branded with E-Six decals ??? Any idea ? (and apologies if the link doesn’t work)

http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/loughor/media/61F3C1BB-7938-48A4-9010-9EE8E4EF2F5B-33002-000003E9E785F5EA_zps02f80165.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

z1ppy

loughor
    Free Member

thnx Zippy. Rode it 30+ km today on collection. Was pretty sweet, despite crapy tyres

mtbfix
    chunkypaul
    Free Member

looks like an Orange Evo2 to me, i thought Evo6’s had different decals than that one

edit – could be mistaken though

Esix elite

jkomo

Is the shop in Deddington?
    They don’t do owt that nice anymore.

ampthill

As the retrobike thread says how about an E-six. Also that’s what it says on the bike

I have a Gringo with would be similar age but lower spec. Still in use

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

E6. Its not rocket science…

loughor
    Free Member

Thanks for the input above. Yes, an Evo 6, yes from Deddington. Dunno how it came to be in the hands of the seller, a Kiwi in Hong Kong (he was left it when the previous owner left HK). The paint is a bit oxidized, tried car polish, would t-cut be OTT? Final question, keep or sell? I’ve too many bikes and it’ll only be ridden occasionally. Again, thnx.

seadog101

Looks a lot like my old O2, (ie, pre Evo2). Any gussets on the top/head and down/head tubes? Circa ’96-97

loughor
    Free Member

Hi Seadog. No gussets. Bit more research done, thanks to above posts. Definitely an E-Six, from, to the best of my (limited) research 2001-ish. Thnx for your input though.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Orange Fanbois, please help identify this Strange… please’ is closed to new replies.