Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Orange Crush or P7
  • ljs1977
    Free Member

Looking at the above two bikes for xc and trail bike duties.

Which one would you buy.

Not sure I get why there are two quite similar bikes?

Help.

chestrockwell

I’d go p7 purely because I prefer the ride of steel in general.

poah
    Free Member

neither lol

Mackem

Which year P7? The later ones are really heavy.

Del

any ‘feel of steel’ largely eliminated now as a result of the regs the frames have to pass. they’re now rather over built and heavy. ally all the way for me. YMMV.

chakaping
    Free Member

Which year P7? The later ones are really heavy.

Presume he means the brand new one which nobody’s ridden yet.

Which makes informed opinions unlikely, I guess.

chris85
    Free Member

poah – Member 

neither ‘lol’

Bless… go with the p7

jonnym92

When I tried to get a crush it was unavailable till the end of March.. Ended up with a Pace RC127. Very similar geometry.

davo
    Free Member

How do you like your rc127? I’m not sure about pace because of its rep for poor quality? I’ve have a 2015 crush at the moment and fancy the new p7.

ljs1977
    Free Member

Davo

how have you found the Crush and why are you thinking of a swap?

I know no one has ridden the P7 but just wondered why they would have two similar bikes. it is purely the material and how they ride as a result? are they aimed at different things?

wl
    Free Member

Nephew has the new Crush and it’s mint.

davo
    Free Member

Ljs1977 I love the crush and must say its near perfect for my sort of riding. It’s Defo the hardtail equivalent of a orange five but on the longer rides that’s where you start to feel just how stiff that frame is! So I bet your thinking why don’t I just get a five? Well I’ve had one and have still got a orange gyro which just sits in the back of the garage since getting the crush! I love the feel of steel frames, better grip for techy climbing and comfort for long rides. I had a 2009 p7 that made my original five redundant! So I’m thinking of getting a new p7 frame and using some of my crush parts and a few new bling bits to build hopefully my perfect ride!

jonnym92

I have only ridden the rc127 once, last night in fact. So unfair to test as I have some niggles I need to sort out and it’s still not set up correctly for me. But, it feels good fun so far.
    The quality of the frame looks great and the reviews are impressive, as are the reviews for the new Crush.
    Service I’ve received from Pace has also been great too.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Many many moons ago when I bought my first bike I too toyed with the idea of a crush vs. a p7 and couldn’t fathom the two similar bikes thing. A call to orange was met with the explanation the p7 was an all day <edit> all things </edit> riding bike the crush was aimed more at a fun/play bike market, I assume the distinction is still the same.

I got the p7 and it was, for me, perfect, never under-biked for what I ride but conformable and efficient, it was great for 100 mile road slogs (with skinny tyres) to throwing down Welsh mountains and everything in between.

davo
    Free Member

Jonnym92 glad to here you had a good experience with pace! I had a bad experience with them! They must have upped there game! I really want to like pace but they don’t make it easy! Lol the 127 does look nice!

woody2000

I assume the distinction is still the same.

I don’t think so – geometry on the both is now very similar (the P7 is a degree slacker on the HA). I’d be happy to do a longish ride on my Crush, but I doubt you’d want to do any 100 mile road slogs on either of them any time soon!

I think they’ve made 2 bikes that are essentially the same, but just acknowledging the fact that some people prefer the look and feel of a steel bike.

binners

P7’s are ace!

Get a P7

Its my next purchase, to replace my P7 😀

andybloomer
    Free Member

Does this sway the decision at all?

Del

I had a 2010 P7 – post CEN. it was heavy, then I broke the chainstay.
    then I had a genesis alpitude ( 853 steel ) which was a bit lighter. now I have a chameleon. handles very similarly to the genesis, maybe a little more high frequency buzz, but 2.4″ of tyre at 30psi takes care of it, and i’d ride that all day.
    the days of ‘forgiving’ steel are gone, if they were truly ever here.
    steel bikes can still look nice, but for me the weight penalty offers no benefit. it wouldn’t stop me buying one if the fit/spec/look was right however.
    so i’d go crush, myself, but it doesn’t look like you can easily ss either of them. 🙁

dannyh
    Free Member

binners – Member

P7’s are ace!

Get a P7

Its my next purchase, to replace my P7

Missed opportunity to post those cracking pics of the Greggs P7. How is that paint job holding up by the way? It looked absolutely excellent in the blue.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Orange Crush or P7’ is closed to new replies.