Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • orange clockwork 29er vs santa cruz highball alu.
  • porkypig
    Free Member

Thinking of getting a HT trail bike and narrowed it down to either of the above, can’t find many reviews of the orange but is 250 quid cheaper than the santa cruz, any advice/info would be appreciated.
    Looking at frame only and building myself.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

try both? SC & Orange do plenty of demo’s round the place.

Is the £250 frame or build price, there are lots of SC build options so make sure your comparing like for like there too.

bikebob

I used to be an orange fan and looked at the clockwork but thought the spec was very poor, but I appreciate they like everyone are working to set price points. I’ve ridden a highball, as mike smith says there are plenty of demo days. The highball is a beautiful bike and a great ride, I had no desire to try the orange after riding the SC. I tested the Scott too but again the SC was the one for me. But, there will be others who prefer the orange or the Scott, the best advice is already given, try them for yourself it’s your cash and your ride. Enjoy. Let us know which you go for.
    Ps. Again good point made above, check where the additional cash is going, frame or components.

porkypig
    Free Member

Went for the cruz in the end, just because i got a good deal on a frame, got a nice xt spec build for it too, all i need is some reasonable weather to ride it in!!!

composite
    Free Member

Photos!

porkypig
    Free Member

Waiting on delivery, hopefully by the weekend.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘orange clockwork 29er vs santa cruz highball alu.’ is closed to new replies.