Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Orange Clockwork (29er) user experiences?
  • orena45

Currently considering getting a hardtail (as a 2nd bike to my Five), and needs to be ‘different’ enough from the Five to justify it and the Clockwork has me interested, particularly as it’s cheapish.

I’m not that bothered by the low spec transmission as it’ll work fine no doubt, plus I have some XT/LX spares I could swap in if needed. My main concern is the fork as again, it’s cheap and also because it’s 9mm QR.

What are user’s experiences with the fork, and with the bike in general?

Am I going to want to upgrade the fork quite soon, in which case does it make more sense to go for the Clockwork S with the 15mm axle and longer travel fork, and Deore/SLX transmission?

curvature
    Free Member

I bought an S model back in Feb this year. The result was that I stopped riding my 2011 Five.

It was upgraded with Hope X2 brakes, XT cassette and shadow plus mech, gold Connex chain and a set of Hope Hoops with Crest rims. It also has a Reverb.

Just ridden the Coast to Coast on it last weekend.

The bike is quick and steers nice and quick and tbh I am quite happy with the fork. I won’t be upgrading the forks until they need any major servicing.

I also sold my Five and bought a Whyte M109.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Orange Clockwork (29er) user experiences?’ is closed to new replies.