Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Orange Clockwork 29er
  • dharmabum
    Free Member

What’s the Rockshox Recon Silver fork like on the S?

bertweaval
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered a XL from Tredz, should be arriving tomorrow, wonder if it’ll be a current of a new version – would be keen to pictures of the frame mods when they come out. guess it’s no stress if it’s the current model, if i break it in the first year then they know there’s a design issue and should sort it… – has anyone played around with tires? Considering putting Hans Dampf pace and trail star rubbers on..

trickride
    Free Member

Any new style frames coming through? I just placed an order for an S in large with the fox fork upgrade. Can’t wait to get out on the trails.

bellefied
    Free Member

Hi guys,

Thinking of getting an orange clockwork, but will have to be by mail order as none of the local LBS stock them, so need your help.

First question is about how this bike handles. I know it has great reviews, but I’ll mostly be using this for easy trails, ups and downs and also for commuting so does it do these well or is it more for technical trails? Or does that depend on the forks that are fitted?

Talking of which does anyone know how much the geometry changes between the 100mm forks of the basic and the 120mm of the s? Does it change the handling significantly?

And finally I’m 6’1″ 34″ inside leg and weigh approx 100 kg so can’t decide if I’m best with the 19″ or the 21″? I don’t like stretching out too much on the bike but I want enough room in the cockpit to shift my weight around if I need to. So should I go with the smaller frame or is the bigger bike more planted for a bigger guy?

Thanks in advance for your help

RDL-82
    Free Member

Bike handles great imo, as good as my old bfe again imo of course!

Can’t comment on fork differences as still running 100mm until finances allow.
    Use it for everything, commute included, handles it all fine.

For reference I’m 6’2″ and 34″ inside leg and ride a 19″ with a 70mm stem, perfectly comfortable for me.

bellefied
    Free Member

cheers RDL, when you say its perfectly comfortable for you do you feel its a compromise or a good fit? Did you try the 21″ and was it too big?

bellefied
    Free Member

ok, I bit the bullet and ordered a clockwork s in a large frame – going by what everyone is saying I reckon its going to be a good fit.

I’ll do a review after it arrives next week and I’ve had a chance to throw it about a bit.

rinsor
    Free Member

Live in n.ireland no orange dealer any idea of size required 5’8″ 29/30 inside leg
    Thanks

weejase40
    Free Member

Any feedback on the standard groupset on the base model? I think i will be changing at least the crank when mine arrives in October. May even rob the slx off my Five for the winter until funds allow for a new one.

6079smithw
    Free Member

No. An Orange Clockwork made of aluminium is sacrilege, nevermind the 29er bit

scottalej
    Free Member

[/quote]No. An Orange Clockwork made of aluminium is sacrilege, nevermind the 29er bit

True. The limited edition in 2007 was fair enough as it was still steel but updated to more modern geometry and disc brake compatible. Pity the paint quality is terrible and chips easily. However, churning out a mediocre aluminium 29er and applying the Clockwork name to make it sell is just wrong.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Orange Clockwork 29er’ is closed to new replies.