Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Orange Clockwork 100 any good?
  • core

Thinking about swapping my Scandal (V2) 29er frame for something a bit slacker/more competent on the downs, these are reasonable money, but I can’t find much in the way of reviews or opinion on them?

On paper looks ok, geometry similar to Scandal but 2° slacker head angle (70° v 72°) while retaining same seat tube angle so should climb similarly.

My only reservation is that it might be a bit harsh for all dayers and bike packing? The scandal is regarded as very comfy by alot of people. I don’t really want to spend steel frame money, but want something less steep and racey to use as an all rounder.

Any advice or experience appreciated.

simonlovell999
    Free Member

Interested to know, as well. Looking at the 120 650b clockwork

duckman

I have owned the 29 Clockwork. It was surprisingly comfy over distance and was a real Swiss army knife of a bike. I ran a large with 120mm Rebas at 6″ 2″ and 34″ inside leg. Not as flexy when it gets fast either as you might think from a QR rear. I also had a 19 and a 21 v1 29 Scandal and the Clockwork was just as comfy( yes the Scandal strangely comfy for a race bike) I like the look of the evo Clockwork frame.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Orange Clockwork 100 any good?’ is closed to new replies.