Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Orange blood pivot bearings
  • mrkbutty

Are there any instructions for changing the bearings on the Blood? I cannot find any!

Also does it share any parts with the Five cannot find any Blood specific pivot bearing kits?

fuzzhead
    Free Member

Best off calling Orange – I could never find any instructions when I had a Blood. I think it’s similar to an Alpine?

raisinhat
    Free Member

I can’t find any useful info, so I suspect you’ll have the pull the bearings out and measure them to find replacements. The main pivot bearings will either be 28 or 32mm external diameter, so you can order the appropriate ones from orange, but the rest it looks like you’ll have to find yourself.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    grantway
    Free Member

Received these instructions from Orange a few years back, changing the bearings on a Orange 5
    Do make sure you use the correct size of bearing.

Fitting an Orange bearing pivot kit:

Part No: P620SPA/P629SPA

Removing the bearings and swingarm.

Tools needed: 3mm and 5mm allen keys
    Rubber mallet

? ? ? ?

Step 1: Using a 3mm allen key, remove the bearing caps to expose the bearings.
    Step 2: Undo the bearing clamps, remove both blocks and replace the bolts.
    Step 3: With the bolts slackened, and standing on the driveside of the bike, tap the swingarm away from you. When tapping the frame, ensure you use a rubber mallet and make contact only with the welds.
    Step 4: With the swingarm moved across, tighten the bearing clamp on the driveside of the bike.

? ? ? ?

Step 5: From the non-driveside of the bike, tap the swingarm away from you, moving the driveside bearing off the pin. Depending how long the existing bearings have been in, you may need to hit the swingarm quite hard. This is not an issue providing you make contact only with the weld (as pictured in step 3 above).
    Step 6: If steps 3 to 5 have not completely drawn the bearing off the pin, repeat the process. When complete, slacken the bearing clamp bolt and pop the bearing out. Reverse the process to remove the non-driveside bearing.
    Step 7: If you need to remove the swingarm, slide it backwards so the pin passes through the gap. Depending on the fit, this may need tapping backwards with a mallet.
    Step 8: To replace, tap the swingarm back onto the pin, again being careful only to hit the weld.

Fitting the bearings

? ? ? ?

Step 1: Apply copper grease to the inside bearing race. Centre the bearing over the pin and inside the swingarm clamp.
    Step 2: Add loctite to the bearing cap bolt and tighten the cap over the bearing, ensuring the bearing seats correctly as it is drawn onto the pin. Repeat the process on the other side and replace the clamp blocks.
    Step 3: Centre the swingarm by looking at the distance between the inside of the bearing clamp and the downtube of the frame itself.
    Step 4: Check the swingarm is centred by fitting a wheel and checking the shock mounts and rim are all in line. This measure is obviously dependant on the wheel being correctly dished.

raisinhat
    Free Member

Do bloods have the bearing pinch bolt? I didn’t think that they did.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

no pinch bolts on Bloods

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Orange blood pivot bearings’ is closed to new replies.