Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Orange Bike 2018 – Launch is happening today
  • Poopscoop

Not sure why people are so negative about Orange?

I’ve never owned one but many people love single pivot sussers so there is a market for them.

Pays your money and makes your choice surely? 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Not sure why people are so negative about Orange?

It’s not just Orange. See also,

Giant – So boring, nothing good there! (Ignoring all the awesome bikes and value for money)
    Specialized – What a dreadful corporate monster! (Ignoring all the awesome bikes and innovation)
    Trek – I just hate them! (Ignoring all the cleverness and quality builds)

Etc, etc, etc.

tomhoward

What do orange offer then flashy?

Poopscoop

CaptainFlashheart
    It’s not just Orange. See also,

Giant – So boring, nothing good there! (Ignoring all the awesome bikes and value for money)
    Specialized – What a dreadful corporate monster! (Ignoring all the awesome bikes and innovation)
    Trek – I just hate them! (Ignoring all the cleverness and quality builds)

Etc, etc, etc

Yeah, good point actually!

I’m probably a bit guilty of some unfounded “prejudice” concerning one or two of the above brands now I think of it.

chestrockwell

How are Orange in the same bracket as Specialized, Giant or Trek? They couldn’t be more different from a company perspective.

andeh

Well, they make bikes don’t they? 🙄

flange
    Free Member

Loved my 5, best bike I ever owned.

The specialized I’ve had though… awful things.

Pricing on Orange is nuts though, 6k for a bike with ARC rims?? They’re following the same model as Santa Cruz!

duckman

Is the p7 coming out as a 29 as suggested above? I would bite your hand off.

v666ern
    Free Member

From pedalabikeaway’s instagram report its all about the EPO.

Cant find a way to link to the picture 😳

Kamakazie

A 29er P7?
    I hope that’s true.

tomhoward

I know I’ve been taking the piss a bit on this thread, but what have they actually launched? Has there been one? The website seems pretty bereft of details?

bikebouy
    Free Member

In keeping with the piss take, and since no one has yet taken the plunge..

ads678

Unfortunately BB you were beaten to your hilariously original joke by the first reply to the OP….

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yerbut, no pics.

How about :

ads678

Tangerines?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yeah, launching a kids bike.

zippykona

Stop taking the pith you lot.

shaungero
    Free Member

I think if half you lot had a decent ride on a 2017 orange you might all of a sudden need to stop pretending how shit a bike is you haven’t tried.
    I couldn’t be happier with my five.
    Is a good laugh having a read of all this negativity though.

zippykona

I was in the market for a new bike.
    Orange 4 was top of my list .
    The reasons I spent my money elsewhere are…lack of bottle mount, cost and weight.
    Really it was mainly the bottle mount.

qtip

Haters gonna hate! I replaced my 2010 Five with a 2017 Five – nothing else ticked all the boxes. Both purchases were frame only, although the full builds seem pretty good value to me too. Very few brands offer as many options to custom spec the build too (although some of the upgrade prices are a little questionable).

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m not a hater, I remember Orange back when Lester was involved. Put it simply, it’s the only Brand that have something directly attributed to them that we can take the piss out of.

I think the Five and the Clockwork (original) should be in the Design Museum. Pure a design and function you’d be hard to find.

thepodge
    Free Member

The problem with Orange is not their bikes, its the overly vocal minority of owners.

People who don’t like Giant, don’t like Giant
    People who don’t like Specialized, don’t like Specialized
    People who don’t like Cannondale, don’t like Cannondale
    People who don’t like Orange are wrong, jealous, poor, skill-less and too many Orange owners are too eager to tell you exactly that.

qtip

Generalisers gonna generalise.

daniel_owen_uk
    Free Member

Love my 5, wouldn’t pay full whack on a new one, lottery wins aside.

They do seem to split opinion though.

v666ern
    Free Member

Yesterday we paid a little visit to Orange Bikes to see their 2018 bikes. 2018 is their 30th year of building great British bikes, and they have some really cool stuff that we can’t tell you about yet… What we can tell you is that the Alpine 6 E is easily the best e-bike we’ve ever ridden. Yes the factory spec is expensive (cheaper spec options available next year) but it’s the 1st one to be as good or better than a. Enduro bike downhill as well as up. We may even get a demo one if I think I can keep my staff off riding it!

ransos
    Free Member

The problem with Orange is not their bikes, its the overly vocal minority of owners.

Apple owners seem to be the same. Must be a fruit thing.

v666ern
    Free Member

I still like the EPO and it would be a tough choice between that and the new LEVO

chestrockwell

People who don’t like Giant, don’t like Giant
    People who don’t like Specialized, don’t like Specialized
    People who don’t like Cannondale, don’t like Cannondale
    People who don’t like Orange are wrong, jealous, poor, skill-less and too many Orange owners are too eager to tell you exactly that.

Chicken and egg though in’t it. All the brands above can be discussed sensibly but as soon as a Orange discussion pops up you get the usual ‘hilarious’ quips that are designed to provoke a reaction. They do, then people like you accuse us owners of blah, blah, blah.

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Orange Bike 2018 – Launch is happening today’ is closed to new replies.