Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • Orange Bike 2018 – Launch is happening today
  • v666ern
    Free Member

So what are you looking forward to?

jam-bo

the filing cabinet of the future.

DickBarton

More over-priced bikes (but that applies to every bike company)

darrell
    Free Member

nothing

Rorschach
    Free Member

Lunch

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Gotama
    Free Member

Must be the least exciting launch of any manufacturer. Spec changes and a slight adjustment of the single pivot placement if we’re lucky!

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

More over-priced bikes (but that applies to every bike company)

🙄

zer0cool
    Free Member

I just got my 2017 Five yesterday, no looking at new bikes for a long time for me.
    I honestly dont know why people roll out the ugly, expensive thing. All bikes are overly expensive really, and my new bike in Atomic Orange is a thing of complete beauty.

matt_outandabout

I hope they bring back gold sparkly bikes. 8)

jimdubleyou

I’m looking forward to them changing from Orange bikes to Peach, or maybe Salmon Pink.

I find the colour too harsh.

legend
    Free Member

Spec changes and a slight adjustment of the single pivot placement if we’re lucky!

ooohhh i do love when the ‘improve’ the pivot location!

fatmax

A Vit-T hardtail, but in 29er guise?
    Not going to happen though sadly…

scotroutes

Carbon 4-bar frame with multi-link anti-dive forks and a full wireless gear and brake system.

Or maybe just another trend-following tweak to an ugly ally box and a few tubes using bog-standard components from the usual suppliers in a Brexit-inspired, limited-edition colorway

matt_outandabout

A Vit-T hardtail, but in 29er guise?

*raises eyebrow*

angeldust
    Free Member

I heard they were announcing a carbon 5 (27.5 and 29er).

v666ern
    Free Member

Oh come on grumps who doesn’t want this for £8k 😛

yoshimi

External hose routing on the downtube, I don’t really like the internal arrangement on my 2017 Five

Forward facing seat clamp

Some sort of maxle stealth rear axle thing rather than a QR

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

my new bike in Atomic Orange is a thing of complete Beauty

I think we’ll be the judge of that…..

scotroutes

An over-priced, under-specced gravel/adventure bike for the fanbois (soon to be available on the Classifieds).

andywoodall
    Free Member

I know its not cool to enjoy new bike launches, but here goes.

Personally the range looks pretty damn good at the moment so struggling to see what will be shown that will wow, I suspect the headline act will be the EPO.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

An over-priced, under-specced gravel/adventure bike for the fanbois (soon to be available on the Classifieds).

Has someone been bullying you?

andybrad

Forward facing seat clamp

why isnt this standard?

poah
    Free Member

longer top tube, shorter stem, slacker head angle and less offset on the fork but basically the same overpriced filing cabinet that you’ve seen for the last god knows how many years.

core

2017 Five S without dropper currently under £2k online, compare that to a Surly Krampus rigid, steel, heavy, average components for £1700 and suddenly the Orange looks an absolute bargain.

andeh

Funny that despite only being single-pivot and alu, there’s still 3 Orange bikes in the Dirt 100 *jumps for cover*

v666ern
    Free Member

2017 Five S without dropper currently under £2k online, compare that to a Surly Krampus rigid, steel, heavy, average components for £1700 and suddenly the Orange looks an absolute bargain.

Yes when it gets to sales time, oranges appear more ‘affordable’ esp when compared against a completely different style of bike!

shadowfax

Jeez the naysayers here are boring.

v666ern
    Free Member

Jeez the naysayers here are boring.

How VERY dare you…ill have you know i have never ridden one!!! 👿 😆

eb2429
    Free Member

Don’t Orange just produce bikes that people either buy or not? Why the dislike? Have they done something specific to some of you in the past?

Orange four I wouldn’t mind, seems a simply 2 bearing low maintenance UK weather fuss suspension bike.

gelert
    Free Member

I think they’re very good value bikes if you aren’t a serial bike swapper and keep them 3-5 years. The reliability of them over that time has been utterly superb for me. I’ve done 3700km on an Alpine in 2.5 years and 2700km on a Five in 2 years. I haven’t ridden the Five off-road since April, just the Alpine 3 times a week because it’s just more fun and awesome both up and down.

Hoping to see new spec packs on the Stage 6 for 2018 and something about 29er offset fork changes. We’ll see. Hoping for slacker head angles.

wl
    Free Member

Zero – enjoy it. Done 6 hours in the Pennines on mine today and it was flipping ace. Just like it was on the Lakes Four Passes a fortnight ago. A proper grin machine – versatile, fun, reliable.

tomhoward

So, errr, what did they launch? Have they joined us in the 20th century and used carbon yet?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

So, errr, what did they launch? Have they joined us in the 20th century and used carbon yet?

Are you mad?? You can’t weld carbon in Alifax! (Or anywhere else AFAIK)

mickmcd
    Free Member
    stevedoc
    Free Member

I moved away from Orange 3 months ago but still will always like them , even more so with the new p7 coming in 29 and 27.5+ form..

Oh and they would follow this up with neon yellow again for 2018 !

I will say I do love an Orange thread I love the hate it brings

eb2429
    Free Member

what did you change from/to? Interested to hear your thoughts.

stevedoc
    Free Member

I moved back to a Whyte the 160rs ,mainly ive had Whytes before and they like My Fives just worked well.

I was going to buy a new five but the build cost was close to £4.5k and hearing a few issues with there 2015-2017 frames I decided to look at the G160rs and Works , the Rs 160 ticked all the right boxes and at £2900 (cash discount ) was a no brainer eagle XO and Lyriks.

The 160 climbs better than any of my Oranges less bob almost hardtail like and because its so long the downs are just as confidence inspiring. A group of us have just returned back from 5 days in the Lakes, myself on the 160 , two lads on new Alpine 6s a five and a four, all very good riders a couple better than me and more experienced , Most climbs I was waiting at the top and pushing them down the downs ,the Whyte is ace and a superb bike and im happy I bought it but and here is the big but !

If a stage 6 rs was at the same price I would have been back at Holywell green like a flash ..I do think pricing is getting silly across the board.

But then again the 2018 Whytes are just as nice have you seen the 130rsc £5700 < really !

andyg1966

Am I missing something? What new bikes! Or am I being trolled?

eb2429
    Free Member

Thanks Stevedoc

Prices are getting silly, pushing me and partner more towards direct sales only brands, but i can’t bring myself to pay a load of money (to me anyway) for a bike from Europe in a box i haven’t ridden.

@andyg1966 its the EPO

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Orange Bike 2018 – Launch is happening today’ is closed to new replies.