Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Orange Alpine 160
  • ads678

I very much doubt in 2009 a brand new Alpine 160 frame only cost £900, a five frame then was about £1200!!

Personally i’d have taken them up on the offer, or bought a Titus El Guapo with a CCDB Air.

chakaping
    Free Member

Pretty sure they’ll sell you just the bit you need and paint it the right colour.

Don’t let that stop you moaning on the internet though.

wl
    Free Member

Good luck with the Mega. Almost every time I go in my LBS there’s a broken Mega swingarm on the bench awaiting replacement. Best stock up on pivot spares too.

stevomcd
    Free Member

clinte – the retail price of the frame was definitely quite a lot more than £900 in 2009. I got my first one that year and paid over £900 at trade price! (including shock upgrade and front mech, post, etc).

I am certain they will sell you just the front triangle if you ask the question. No need for swingarm, shock, mounts, bearings, pivot axle, etc. so the cost will be a lot less than what you’re looking at.

Re. Mega – saw a LOT of broken Megas last season, but haven’t seen any this year, so they’ve maybe sorted the teething problems…

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Breakages happen sometimes, it’s what happens when you ride a bike down mountains. 🙄

chestrockwell

As mentioned, the Alpine frame has never been £900 rrp. Don’t think it’s actually gone up much since it first appeared.

I have a 2009 5 and had a 2006. Both are still going strong and I’m no light weight.

Northwind

Re the Mega, there was a design amendment after the first run. Can’t recall if they actually offered a recall though but the fault was acknowledged by Nukeproof and seemed to be being handled.

honourablegeorge

Northwind – Member
    Re the Mega, there was a design amendment after the first run. Can’t recall if they actually offered a recall though but the fault was acknowledged by Nukeproof and seemed to be being handled.

They sent replacement chainstays to everyone, IIRC. Proper order.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Orange Alpine 160’ is closed to new replies.