Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • orange alpine
  • andysandes
    Free Member

Is anyone using one of these for all day rides in the UK?

Currently have a dh bike and 140mm full sus, the dh bike has been used twice in a year and is too much cash to have sat around.

So was wondering if an alpine could replace them both, with maybe a coil shock and bos deviled up front so able able to do xc and some uplifts?

Have a cotic Bfe as well so local rides where alpine is overkill would be covered

carlphillips
    Free Member

my bud sold his dh & xc bikes and replaced with an alpine

hasn’t affected him much, did w2 and other stuff when we went to afan also a few uplift days at cwmcarn, its always going to be a compromise but its a great bike.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Having picked up an Alpine I’d say not ! I also have a BFe and with 150/120 adjustable forks it’s a great all rounder. I’d say BFe and the 140mm FS have a big cross over. I’d suggest a 150 or 160 modern FS freeride type bike would be the best companion replacing both the others. Lots of choices like Nukeproof Mega which you can buy new now for just over £700.

bluebird
    Free Member

A mate of mine rides his for everything. Natural XC, trail centres, Enduros, Whistler bike park. It’s capable of pretty much anything if you have the legs. I ride an Tracer2 and it’s the same, his better half is on a carbon Nomad and it’s also the same. 160mm travel bikes these days are getting very close to being true do it all bikes.

It’s true that they can be a little heavier and overkill at times, but if I could only have one bike I’d have a 160mm travel bike.

steviep
    Free Member

I have had mine for 3 years and ride it nearly everywhere except Sherwood and Cannock. I ride all the Welsh and Scottish trail centres on it and loads of natural stuff too. Its been ridden in the Alps, Pyrenees, Whistler both park and natural and I have never felt that I was over or under biked. Like bluebird says, if you have the legs it will get you up most climbs too. The main thing for me is that it is just so much fun to ride.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘orange alpine’ is closed to new replies.