Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Orange 5 ,which one?
  • Ed2001
    Free Member

Carrying on the orange 5 theme, I’m thinking of getting one but which one?Is the pro worth the extra or do I get the s and add some upgrades. Any suggestions will be considered.Thanks Ed

MrNutt
    Free Member

they are doing some free upgrades at the moment, but personally I’d probably go for frame only with a maxle or the very lovely AM.

neil853
    Free Member

seconded, i’d go for the AM

Richyb
    Free Member

Depends where you’re riding, I ran mine with 36’s (basically making it an ‘AM’) for six months after coming back from the Alps and I think unless you’re doing a lot of big mountain stuff all the time its too much, you’re just pushing round an extra pound or two of suspension that you never need. I’ve put 140’s back on mine and they’re fine even for the really steep and deep. I do miss the confidence that the 36’s give you and when I go to the alps again i’d stick another pair on but when i’m flogging my arse across the moors on a wet tuesday night in January I much prefer something lighter and the accompanied better climbing angles of a 140 fork and considering that floats are bolt though now, they’re still fairly stiff anyway. I’d go for a standard Pro spec if I were you.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Mate has the AM and its very nice.

GaryLake
    Free Member

I went Pro. Same reason, the 36 is a lot of fork and a lot of money that isn’t needed on all the riding I do.

If you’re just a trail centre and all day XCer who prefers the downs to the ups (it’s a perfectly adequate climber, just not an Anthem) you’ll struggle to find a finer bike for your needs than a 5 Pro… (well the SE obviously but it’s your bank balance :wink:)

forge197
    Free Member

I’d go for the 140mm models, I had a 160mm and I didn’t think it was the ultimate Alps machine.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Orange 5 ,which one?’ is closed to new replies.