Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Orange 5 sizing?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

6ft tall average proportions – 18" frame?

Any reason to go for the bigger one?

erny
    Free Member

Im 6'2" and ride a 20",biketreks got me an 18" and a 20" to test,give them a ring and find out when there next orange demo day is and try both.

ivantate
    Free Member

I am 6'1 and need a 410mm post on my 18" 5. It also felt a bit short to start with as i started biking before the short stem revolution. Have learnt to like it now though.

Was v cheap nearly new so had no choice, 2 years ago i would have swapped for a 20in in the blink of an eye. Now not so sure.

jimw
    Free Member

I am 6'2", demo'd the 18" found it a bit small so got the 20". Never regretted it but I do know others who have been fine with the 18" at about the 6' -6'1" height
    second the need to demo if at all possible

rOcKeTdOg

i had an 18", fitted a shorted stem than the standard, glove like fitting

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Thanks all

grantway
    Free Member

I think 5ft 8 – 6ft is a Medium frame.

iainc

I'd say probably an 18. I am 5ft 10 and a little and my 18 is spot on, have a few slightly taller mates with same frame

laughingontheinside
    Free Member

6ft 1" here. Tested an 18" then bought a 20". No regrets.

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

its all about your leg length and stand over in the end. im 6ft and the 18 is perfect for me. there is a difference in the reach too. get a demo and try it out. orange are great for that.
    joe x

igm

6' & 18" here

MadBillMcMad

6'1" & 20 frame

montylikesbeer

5' 11" and a bit and mines an 18"

ScoobysM8
    Free Member

My mate's the same height as me (a tad under 6 foot) and he's got an 18". I had a shot of it for a ride once and it felt spot on for me too though I guess I am near the borderline for going up a size

hugh_b
    Free Member

i'm a tiny bit over 6ft, i ride an 18" and find it perfect! Roomy enough at the front so as not to feel cramped but still very chuck-able and comfy to ride!
    The 20" frames are huuuuuuge

jam-bo

5'10" and ride an 18". i'd would of had a 16" but that wasnt the deal that was on offer…

RichT

6 foot and 18 inch here. I need a long seat post, but it is long enough in the top tube

genesis
    Free Member

I'm 6ft4in and found the 20 too big!

duckman

James, I think I sold you a soul frame ages back,if so;the 20" felt like a 19" soul fit wise, If I didn't sorry. Anyway I found the 18 far,far too wee at 6"2"

Bimbler
    Free Member

Maybe Orange should make a 19"er

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Thanks all

I always seem to be in between sizes!

Beagleboy

I'm 6ft 1in with a 32in inside leg. I had a 2006 model (straight top-tube), medium frame but was running it with an awful lot of seatpost showing. I thought it was the bees-knees until a few weeks back when the frame snapped at the top-tube / seat-tube weld. 😥

I replaced it with a 2010 model (swoopy curvy bits), large frame after discussing things with a mate who's biking opinions I trust (thanks Steve), and I must say I'm glad. It feels way more roomy, stable and confidence inspiring than my old bike.

Of course, as ever, you'd be better to try out the different sizes, but I reckon it might be worth having a look at the bigger frame if you are between sizes. 🙂

B.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Orange 5 sizing?’ is closed to new replies.