Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Orange 5 frame size 17inc. Im 5ft 10 would this size be perfect for me???
  • wordy1979
    Free Member

Any comments appreciated. Thanks.

ask1974
    Free Member

I’m 6′ and have a 17″, I have a short leg so the lower stand over is fine and I find the size feels very nimble to throw down hills 😀

Unless you have abnormally long legs I’d guess it’s fine.

coatesy
    Free Member

Hard to say without riding one, i’ve got mates ranging from 5ft8″ to 6ft2″ who all think their 18″ is the correct size for them. Try getting a demo bike for a weekend from a dealer.

theredchili
    Free Member

I’m 5’8″ and ride a 16″- the 17″ wad ok , but 16 more chuck able – guess you need to try one to be sure

munrobiker
    Free Member

Top tube on 17 and 18 are the same, near as dammit (570 vs 576). I’ve got a 17″ and at 5’10” with a 50mm stem it’s perfect. Looks a lot better than the 18 which is the most important thing. Obviously.

Zoolander
    Free Member

I’m 1 inch taller and have a 17 and it’s spot in size wise

PolisherMan

five ten and a bit here. Just ordered a 17″ after trying a friends 16″, and another mates 18″. The 18″ felt very reachy even with a short stem. I could ride the 16″ beter but felt cramped, so hooray for Orange and their 17″!

joao3v16
    Free Member

I’m exactly 6′ and used to ride an 18″ 5, so I’d imagine at 5’10” the 17″ would be ideal …

skywalker
    Free Member

five ten and a bit here. Just ordered a 17″ after trying a friends 16″, and another mates 18″. The 18″ felt very reachy even with a short stem. I could ride the 16″ beter but felt cramped, so hooray for Orange and their 17″!

WTF! A 17″ has the same effective top tube length as an 18″, so it will feel just as “reachy”

I’m 5’11” and ride a 17″. The best fitting bike I’ve ever owned.

wallop

The only difference between the 17″ and 18″ is the standover height.

Del

i’m 5-10 andabit too. if they’d made a 17 when i got mine i would have had one o they for the stand-over. 18 feels fine though.

Riksbar

5’10 here and the 17″ fits perfectly, 16″ felt way too small.

reedspeed
    Free Member

Im 5′ 9″ & got a 17″ 29.5 inside leg,bikes mint! .

iainc

i’m 5-10 andabit too. if they’d made a 17 when i got mine i would have had one o they for the stand-over. 18 feels fine though.

+1

skywalker
    Free Member

Photos reedspeed

benmotogp46
    Free Member

I’m also 5″10 and have tried both the 16″ and 18″ on a demo day.

The 16 was great to chuck around but felt that little bit cramped whist the 18 did feel a little big.

I’ve got myself a 17″ and it feels perfectly proportioned. I’m surprised it took Orange as long as it has to release the 17″ as its definately the best looking geometry wise.

yoshimi

benmoto – how long did you have to wait for delivery?

I’m 3.5weeks and getting impatient

(frame only, custom paint, maxle, kashima)

reedspeed
    Free Member

Pics for skywalker

null

skywalker
    Free Member

Nice. I used to hate black forks but now I love them.

reedspeed
    Free Member

I only wanted black but could only get 36’s, agh well.

stomlinson
    Free Member

Ordered the exact same bike in above picture I am also 5′ 10″ when I test rode them I tried a 17″ and a 18″, I have tried a 16″ before. I found the 17″ spot on loads more playfull than the 18 although the 18 had a 36 on which i thought killed the bike a bit, loads more fun with a 32! Already been waiting 4 weeks I want it now please! Thinkin should I have gone for CCDB????

mbarnes
    Free Member

I’m 5ft10 and bought an 18″ before they started making a 17″. On really steep stuff it feels maybe a tad big but never tried a 17.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

I’m 5’10” and went for a 16, 18 felt too big. This was before the 17″ came out, if I snap the frame I will have a go on a 17 to see if it’s any better, but I’m happy with my 16.

devilman
    Free Member

5.10 on a 16. Spot on as a play bike.
    Dm

stevede
    Free Member

5’10 and on a 17″ which for me is perfect. If you go to a dealer they will be able to get demo bikes in all sizes if they haven’t already got them.

benmotogp46
    Free Member

I waited at least a good 8 weeks for mine but most of that was due to a shortage of RP23’s.
    Orange used all of theirs on the Black/Gold run then a new batch from Fox didnt pass the quality control, hence the delay.

PolisherMan

Got my 17″ yesterday Skywalker, fits like a glove, the 18″ is a gate, might as well ride a pennyfarthing.
    Not only did Guy Martin personally hand make it for me, in Yorkshire but he even put the correct air pressure in the rear shock.

skywalker
    Free Member

Nice one, good to hear.

I hope you enjoy it.

yoshimi

Cheers Benmoto –

Guy Martin needs to pull his finger out and get mine finished!

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Orange 5 frame size 17inc. Im 5ft 10 would this size be perfect for me???’ is closed to new replies.