Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Orange 5 dropper post cable routing
  • danchaff

I’ve just got a new Orange 5, but could only afford the “s” model that comes without a dropper post. I want to fit one, but I’m struggling to work out how to route the cable. It seems to need to go from the entry point on the top of the down tube to the seat tube, but there’s a BB shell in the way. It must be possible as the more expensive models come with KS Levs or Reverbs. Has anyone here got any idea how to do this?

tenfoot

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/installing-stealth-post-on-orange-four-woes

I imagine the route for the 5 is the same as the 4, so the above might help. When I installed mine, we used a Park Tools purpose made tool for the job that a friend of mine has. Great bit of kit, but I think it’s around 40 quid to buy, so not cheap.

andyg1966

Remove the BB, I found on my five, its easier to go down the seat tube, stick your fingers in the bb and curve the cable round, Use some garden wire in a loop to fish the cable out the off down tube hole.

danchaff

Thanks, both

PROLINE85
    Free Member

I used the nut on a string method in the link above – it worked, however wasn’t exactly easy to do.

zer0cool
    Free Member

I’m in same situation, was thinking about the brand X dropper, just over £100 from ubyk. Is a new grommet needed where it comes out or do you just poke a hole through the one that’s there?

tmb467
    Free Member

Buy the dropper from LBS and get em to fit it

pj-slay
    Free Member

Zer0cool – just fitted a brand x dropper to my four as per the linked thread, once the outer is threaded through the frame it is a simple installation and it worked well on it’s maiden 3 hr ride, no difference in performance to the Fox it replaced. For the frame I had to buy a three pack of new cable exit point grommets from Orange and if you want one I’ll post one over.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Orange 5 dropper post cable routing’ is closed to new replies.