Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Orange 5 dropper post cable routing.
  • renton
    Free Member

Just wondering how people have routed the cables for their dropper posts on the Orange 5.

Is it just a case of using the guides on the top tube.

How do you work out the correct cable length ?

Is it worth using one of those seat clamps with the dropper guide on it ?

Cheers.

Steve.

br
    Free Member

Can’t you stealth it?

roverpig

If you mean the older models (before stealth routing) then, yes, just use the guides on the top tube. No need for a fancy seat clamp (although I bought a Hope one as I’m a tart) the standard reverb guide with a zip tie works fine.

For length I just fit it then remove the hose at the handlebar end and cut to length. For a cable actuated post I’d remove the cable from the post and cut to length in the same way that you would for a gear cable.

rickon
    Free Member

The five29 has routing for it, just use the guides.

renton
    Free Member

Yep my 29 has guides on the top tube.

I have a spesh command post and I think the cable is to long so need to shorten it.

Is it worth adding a cable tie to the cable just before the seat tube to stop it flapping about.

roverpig

I think putting a zip tie near the seat tube would restrict the movement of the cable too much. At least it would with the older Command Post that I had on the Five (before switching to a reverb).

The Hope seat clamp with the cable guide is the neatest solution for this sort of setup, but the reverb hose guide works fine too and it looks as though you can pick them up for a fiver. They have a split in them as well, so you can just fit the dropper and add the guide later if you think it needs it.

renton
    Free Member

Anyone got a spare one lying around.

chestrockwell

I use the guides on my 5 29 and have one of those Hope seat clamp jobs which looks nice and tidy. Just put it all in place then cut the cable down as you would any other.

zero-cool
    Free Member

My Orange Alpine have the guides on the top tube but I found it easier and more more asthetically pleasing to run it down the seat tube and up the down tube with the other cables. I’ve shrink wrapped it with the rear mech cable which makes it even tidier.

renton
    Free Member

Got any pics zero cool.

rotten
    Free Member

I had a KS Lev, so used the front mech guides which gave better routing for using the lever on the left.

renton
    Free Member

Thanks for all the help people, new post installed and cable routing sorted…..

scuttler

renton
    Free Member

Why do my pics always look so dark ??

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Orange 5 dropper post cable routing.’ is closed to new replies.