Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Orange 5 clicking noise??
  • nunuboogie
    Free Member

Just noticed a clicking noise as i was shifting bikes around. Bike clicks when lifted by rear of the seat, as though there is play somewhere, could this be bearings? bottom bracket? other…….

RealMan
    Free Member

Not just the hope hub is it..?

foxyrider
    Free Member

Bushings on rear shock? Does it rattle a little when you lift it up and down by the saddle quickly? had this on my FSR before and a mates bike.

crocodilian
    Free Member

I had a similar problem with my Fox RP23 after just over a years use, sent it to Mojo for a full service, no more clicking!

nunuboogie
    Free Member

Definitely not the hub, yes it does rattle slightly when lifted quickly by saddle, so is that the shock then?
    Was planning to ride Dyfi enduro in two weeks, is that advisable?

MadBillMcMad

as foxy says, sounds like bushings to me.

put your fingers over a bushing and then lift the bike by the saddle.
    if you feel the movement you have found the issue.
    If not move onto the next bushing.

nunuboogie
    Free Member

thanks 😉

wormhole

had to replace the "top hat" bushing on my 5's RP23 a while ago for just the same reason. simple to do as long as you get the right ones, give TFT a ring or check out their web site and you could have them in no time. dont think it will hurt to ride it like this for a while but best done soon i guess.

foxyrider
    Free Member

You'll be OK riding with a worn bush in 2 weeks IMHO but it just get more irritating and will get worse more rapidly – get the BTED bushing removal tool and a new set of bushings and DIY – you'll be OK 🙂 or take it to you LBS and get them to do it?

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

changing bushings is dead easy, you just need a vice and some sockets. takes about ten mins

foxyrider
    Free Member

a vice and some sockets

But if you haven't, a bushing remover is probably cheaper than a vice and sockets 🙂

£24 but you can get cheaper ones!

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

true enough Foxyrider – to be honest its something i want to add to my tool collection

foxyrider
    Free Member

I got one ages ago when the BETD ones were much cheaper (and softer) as my bushings on my old FSR Stumpy last 6 months – saved me a lot of trips to LBS 🙂

If one was good at lathing one could easily make one 🙂 and 🙁

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

FR- i'd definately lose at least 1 finger if i tried lathing something. i'm bad enough with a vice!

nunuboogie
    Free Member

how often should you expect to change the the bushings? mine have been in for a number of years!

foxyrider
    Free Member

I think it depends on a lot of things – time riding, terrain, conditions and frame style – My Marin lasted 2 years before I sold it and my orange is 16 months old and no hint of bushings going? If the bushes get bathed in crud then they will wear more rapidly IMHO 🙂 Hence the old FSR's were shocking – get it 😉

nunuboogie
    Free Member

cheers foxyrider will have to wait till payday but looks like a tool is the best way to go.

mildred

OR…

…if you lifted it by the saddle, 1stly try removing that from the seatpost, grease the rails and re-fit with grease on the shaft (oooer) Orange 5's notoriously amplify noises and creaks, so I'd go for the cheap fix first.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Orange 5 clicking noise??’ is closed to new replies.