Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Orange 5 cable routing
  • reedspeed
    Free Member

my 3week old orange 5 has started rubbing through the rubber grommet in the swinger! ,its the one on the front mech thats the issue,just wondered if anyone else had had a similar problem.

Ill sort it like but should i need on a bike only 3 weeks old & been out 4 times! .

Del

front mech?
    if it is a cable going into the swinger just put a drop of lube on the outer.

coatesy
    Free Member

Had mine since 2008, was still on it’s original until last year when they fitted a new one after it was re-sprayed. No issues with any of my mates bikes, nor any that we’ve sold.

Wookster

Mine is a2009 and no issues with that mate.

reedspeed
    Free Member

The cable of the front mech,has has all but rubbed thru the grommet already! ,a bit too soon i thought, but im gunna slleve with piece of pipe.

Thx anyway guys.

curvature
    Free Member

Are you sure you mean grommet?

The cable for the front mech goes from the shifter through a couple of cable mounts on the top tube and drops down on the seat tube.

The only grommets on mine are on the swinging arm for the rear mech cable and rear brake hose and I have not had any problems.

I did have to destroy a grommet when I fitted a new brake hose though!

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes what grommet for front meh there for rear brake and rear mech

mine fne after 4 years

reedspeed
    Free Member

Just looked now its the rear mech not the front one,but its nearly rubbed through!

godzilla
    Free Member

My bike is part built (new frame) and the pressure has split one by just sitting. Anyone got an eBay link for some grommets? I’m way too tight to pay £6.50 posted.

reedspeed
    Free Member

Any good car accessory should have them,im goin to use a bit of car washer pipe,sliced down its length slide it down the cable inside the grommet,so hopefully itll stop the chafing,.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Orange 5 cable routing’ is closed to new replies.