Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 103 total)
  • orange 5
  • robsly
    Free Member

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

Can’t see owt

tazzymtb

hexhamstu
    Free Member

DuggieStyle
    Free Member

CheesybeanZ

Tazzy its a 5 not a 2 😉

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

[/url] 030 by winnie13pooh, on Flickr[/img]

bullroar
    Free Member
    RustyMac

030 by winnie13pooh, on Flickr

It is the BBCode you need to copy and paste into here for it to work. Instructions in Forum help section.

ads678

🙄 the five trolling is boring now.

tazzymtb

the five trolling is boring now.

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

Ta….it’s different on me iPad….

Rorschach
    Free Member

godzilla
    Free Member

loddrik
    Free Member

Even with no pictures of one they still look bloody awful.

Scapegoat

godzilla – Member

There’s an irony about the cobweb-infested pedal and the dusted-over welder’s mask that makes that photo just so…..

godzilla
    Free Member

There’s an irony about the cobweb-infested pedal and the dusted-over welder’s mask that makes that photo just so…..

Cheers 😀

I do genuinely love the look of my five, woops forgot to feed the Labrador.
    😉 <jus trollin Zo)

ask1974
    Free Member

Even with no pictures of one they still look bloody awful.

Each to their own but I disagree. Maybe not pretty but far from awful and a darn sight nicer than many others…

Matt24k
    Free Member

[/url]
    Bike 016 by Matt24k, on Flickr[/img]

Mines great for mountain biking, no so good for keeping paperwork in!

foureyes
    Free Member

i think they look great – in the right colour, but they appear to be the iphone of bikes, plenty of bile when one is seen posted here.

Bregante

Who cares what they look like as long as they ride well?
    I have ridden a couple (08-09 models i think) and while they are “good” I just didn’t see that they were anything wildly better than other similar bikes that are available from many other manufacturers, often for less money and yet the owners of them are often so evangelistic about them. I do like the Britishness though and wouldn’t rule one out in the future.

Can’t believe I’ve just said that. 😯

mashiehood
    Free Member

ask1974 – looks good, the best orange i have seen but one question, how is that bike so clean mid-way through a ride?

creamegg
    Free Member

Cos the ground looks a bit frozen maybe?

ask1974
    Free Member

ask1974 – looks good, the best orange i have seen but one question, how is that bike so clean mid-way through a ride?

Mashiehood, thanks for the nice comment. I feel I must respond… that photo was taken last winter when it was about 4 weeks old, I live about 5km from there but mainly it was just a very cold morning (evidenced by frost on the ground), all the mud was good and frozen!… Some of the best days to ride IMO, trails are immensely tacky offering huge grip and there’s nothing like a sunny winter morning… Can’t wait for the temperature to drop again.

Bregante, not sure that Five owners are exactly “evangelical”, most comments I see are negative with owners just defending their choice. I tested several superb bikes before buying mine. Anyone of them would have made an awesome purchase but the Five just suits the way I want to ride perfectly. The only other bike I’ve ridden that descends as well is Transitions Covert, I’m sure there are lots more though.

I was pleased to support a British brand and I’ve got my eye on a clearance Whyte 829 for number two… British all the way 😀

DuggieStyle
    Free Member

Take that back Rorschach, the rail bridge is a beautiful piece of engineering!!

RustySpanner

I’d love one, but there’s no way on god’s earth I’m paying that much.
    I’d feel violated.

I even think they look fine – fit for purpose. not fussy. Spot on, TBH.

If there was a far eastern version without any of the ‘made in the uk’ baggage for a third of the price, you’d never see anything else – definite opportunity for someone out there.

Euro
    Free Member

montylikesbeer

I love mine,.

Is is over priced …… Probably, do I care , not in the slightest

Each their own I say.

Other fave is a heckler , it must be something about single pivots

AngusWells

Oh, those oh so funny filing cabinet jokes.

Northwind

I thought the Very Hungry Caterpillar was a valuable addition to STW Five Thread lore, though.

AngusWells

Yep, original and raised a smile.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Oh, those oh so funny filing cabinet jokes.

You’ve got to have a laugh, thats what mountain biking is all about.

Riding a bike up and down hills is hardly the most serious business in the world!

Its made even funnier when chubby middle aged men do it round the surrey hills on a several thousand pound bike that looks like a filing cabinet.

Lighten up!

spectabilis
    Free Member

Who are these bellends who have to jump on any five thread to diss the way it looks ? Who cares what you think it looks like , you ain’t takin it out to dinner you’re not gonna shag it !
    It’s an awesome bike …loved oranges since my patriot solid no nonsense rides . And fair play supporting a british brand.

AngusWells

Thanks David. Lightening up right now. I understand the background, but I am just a bit bored with the same tired old joke that was maybe funny once but has now run out of puff – a bit like tubby, middle aged bikers.

Northwind

It’s all a bit later-series Fast Show tbh. Just keep repeating the same worn out joke on the offchance it’ll become funny again.

muckytee
    Free Member

A different kind of Orange Five Also designed for people with more money than sense 😛

b45her
    Free Member

i don’t get why people hate on the poor five so much, i’ve owned one and its a fantastic bike, i even think its good looking .

If you prefer some hydroformed monstrosity with more anacronyms than actual engineering that’s your choice, considering their properly hand made (not shipped in from Taiwan with a “handmade” sticker on them like some bigger companies) their very reasonably priced too .

Northwind

b45her – Member

considering their properly hand made

What does “properly hand made” mean?

muckytee
    Free Member

What annoys me is that people who own 5s tend to treat them like a Jaguar E type i.e. clean, polish, only take it out on that special dry sunday once a month. (I have never seen a five that isn’t sparking clean and shiney)

It’s a bike! Get some mud on it!

But it’s hand built in Halifax 😯 So what, good for you, now ride the damn thing.

I like the bike itself however, I think it looks nice – industrial like.

b45her
    Free Member

@northwind

by handmade i mean bent, welded and painted from a sheet of aluminium by blokes in overalls using hand tools .

@muckytree

that may be because they are so easy to keep looking like new, i hammered mine for 4 years, 5 minutes with a bog brush and some warm water and it looked like new. the blur LTc i replaced it with is already looking older than the five it replaced after just a year.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 103 total)

The topic ‘orange 5’ is closed to new replies.