Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Orange 224 internal cable routing
  • munkyboy
    Free Member

Seriously! Any tips would be appreciated, I cannot route the brake cable at all. Any more hassle and the can opener is coming out…

andymac
    Free Member

Don’t bother. Route it through the shock mounts and then use M Part cable ties for the swingarm.

The advantage is that you can far more easily change the brake if it fails, particularly at a race.

rhid

I used a wire coat hanger, lots of duct tape and much swearing. Its not easy but not impossible!

jamesfts
    Free Member

If you do want to bother use an old spoke, thread it into the hose and poke down from the front.

Keep the lever off the bike and when the spoke is in the swing arm rotate the hose until it pop out of the hole – best access to it is with the rear wheel off the bike.

As above, there are benefits to keeping it externally routed but it’s far tidier internally – should only take a few minutes to do once you’ve got the nack of it.

gavinpearce
    Free Member

I just did this on my 5. Poked in from the front, then used a bit of wire when I could see the end of the cable to guide it through the exit hole. Took about 2 mins and no swearing!

Northwind

I dangled string in from the front and pulled it out at the bottom with pliars, then pulled the hose and cable through with that. Pretty easy really.

Oh and then I think spent about 24 hours fighting the rubber cable ferrules.

jam-bo

I attached some string to the old one I was taking out and pulled it through.

Then I attached it to the new one and pulled it back through.

A little bit of foresight goes a long way….

jordie
    Free Member

String in the hole vacuum on the other end pull through. Thread a new gear cable through brake hose attach to the string then pull through. It works a treat when running cables on my Five

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Orange 224 internal cable routing’ is closed to new replies.