• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by bbb.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Orange 224 2007 axle spacing ?
  • Jeffus
    Free Member

Just a quick one does any one know the rear axle spacing for a 2007 Orange 224, cheers, have fired a message at Orange just waiting.

scruff
    Free Member

150 Shirley ?

GavinB

Oooh, good question!

I’m guessing it’s 150, as they were that width until it became the Evo IRC, then it went to 135 (which is what mine is)

Jeffus
    Free Member

Orange website spare axles lists the 223 and 224evo as a 183mm x 12mm (150 axle) and the 224 as a 177mm x12mm so I’m a bit confused which is a fairly easy thing for me 😀

Jeffus
    Free Member

Just called Orange tis a 135mm x 12mm , which is good don’t need to buy a wheel now 😀

Northwind

Ooh, did they seem sure? 224s are 150 and Evos are 135s- or at least, never seen a 135 non-evo. All Evos are 135, Orange’s little protest against the fact that most 150mm rear wheels use the same flange spacing as 135s so achieve nowt and add flex and weight.

(I believe that if the swingarm has 3 slots pointing downwards towards the axle, it’s an Evo. If it doesn’t it’s not. Other giveaway is the adjustable headangle thinger.)

Jeffus
    Free Member

Heres a pic , picking it up Saturday, 😀

Northwind

I bet you ten scottish pence it’s a 150. Brilliant colourscheme though!

Pro tip- if/when you change the main bearings, stick it in the bath afterwards- if it’s been run without the blanking caps on the swingarm, it’ll be full of dirt and gravel, sloshing it about in the bath will get it out and help quieten it down. You wouldn’t believe how much came out of mine, you couldn’t see the bottom of the bath… Saved entire grams 😉

bbb
    Free Member

The 224 evo is 135. That is an earlier 224, which has a 150mm back end.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Orange 224 2007 axle spacing ?’ is closed to new replies.