Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • options for fitting a rack to a bike with no mounts (cotic soul)
  • karnali
    Free Member

what are there out there to attach a rack, can you get a 30.0mm seat posrt clamp with rack mounts and p clip on the stays at the bottom? or is there a better solution

Northwind

Seatpost mounted rack? I wouldn't trust my tescos one with much weight, then, I wouldn't want to carry much weight on a rack anyway.

karnali
    Free Member

tis for the commute so at least 1 pannier a day sometimes 2 seatpost rack not a viable option

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

SJS cycles do this HERE . Might be what you are after.

mattstreet

Don't know for sure whether you can get the seatpost clamp with rack mounts in that size – bit of a strange size – but the 28.6 one I've used on my hardtail does the job.

As for the bottom end – this might be worth a look: Tubus rack

HTH

cinnamon_girl

I used p clips on my old Rock Lobster, rode across some of Dartmoor then 3 days of road riding. Seemed secure. Panniers weren't full though.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

456.?

Er sorry.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

A 30mm seatpost will probably be a 31.8mm clamp, like the one on SJS website.

thomthumb
    Free Member

my mate got an old man mountain rack (with p-clips) from carradice on his soul.

works pretty well; and took 40lb on our SDW trip!! 😯

midlifecrisis
    Free Member

I fitted one of these to a bike with no fixings by the dropout. However, it does need some mounts by the saddle. You would be able to use one of those seat clamp / mounts things with it. It has the advantage of being compatible with disks.

They also do a range of racks that make use of the QR – have a look here

karnali
    Free Member

midlifecrisis did you buy the rack from the states or in the uk?

richcc
    Free Member

That Tubus looks neat but think you'd struggle a bit with the Soul's cowled dropouts?

Chisel
    Free Member

Here's another idea don't know anyone that uses one as yet but will be getting one myself later in the year.

http://www.freeload.co.nz/

singlespeeddan
    Free Member

These are good. I've got one, fits on my 29er with some bodging and comes with p-clips if you have no rack eyes. available from any madison dealer.
    Blackburn EX-1 disc compatible. Offroad toured round scotland nae bother. 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

tubus do various fitting kits for bikes with no mountings.

midlifecrisis
    Free Member

I got the Axiom from CRC

It presented no problems on an 8 day tour of Mayo and Galway:

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘options for fitting a rack to a bike with no mounts (cotic soul)’ is closed to new replies.