Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Options for Sram Cassette replacement
  • Blackflag
    Free Member

As above. Ive bent a couple of teeth on my rear cassette’s largest ring. I was hoping to just swap out the largeest ring with one of those from On Up components. But having taken off the cassette ive discovered its all just one stuck together block. If i swap the whole thing id want something a bit bigger than the max 42T size you get on sram 1×11.

So who does alternatives that work with the Sram XD hub? Whats the most cost effective route here?

Thanks

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

No one as far as I know-cheapest like for like replacement is their GX level one at around £80 .

AlexSimon

Nobody does larger than 42 on SRAM except Eagle (which is a full groupset change at £260).
    Best option for a lower gear would be to reduce your chainring size.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    JonEdwards
    Free Member

One-up does a 44T aftermarket bottom cog for XO1/XX1 cassettes (CRC have them). That’s as large as you get. They just prize off with a large flat bladed screwdriver – although be aware they are clocked for position – there’s a single larger hole on the cog and a single fat pin on the rest of the cassette to align with.

Wolftooth also do a like for like 42T cog.

AlexSimon

Good find Jon. Although, even One-Up say

COMPATIBILITY: SRAM XX1 (XG-1199) and X01 (XG-1195). Not compatible with X1 (XG-1180) or GX (XG-1175, XG-1150) fully pinned cassettes, the largest sprocket on these cassettes are not pressed on but riveted and therefore can not be removed.

Blackflag
    Free Member

So i think i have GX on mine, so swapping out for the One Up ring isnt going to work due to the riveting?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

So i think i have GX on mine, so swapping out for the One Up ring isnt going to work due to the riveting?

That’s correct, you need an XX1/X01 cassette to be able to use one of the aftermarket 42/44T replacement rings.

Why not replace with the same?

Blackflag
    Free Member

As mentioned in first post, it would be nice to have a slightly bigger gear that 42T. Especially if im having to fork out over £80 for a new cassette.

Yetiman
    Free Member

E13 cassette works on Sram XD doesn’t it? Not cheap though.

orena45

The E Thirteen cassette with 9-44 range fits an XD Driver.

£205 isn’t cheap by any means, but you can buy the two halves seperately when one or the other wears out. Whether that’s cost effective down the line, I’m not sure

Edit: beaten to it^^^

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Options for Sram Cassette replacement’ is closed to new replies.