• This topic has 13 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by nibby.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Options for a 2-3 days riding, thinking of Wales Trail Centres
  • nibby
    Free Member

Looking for some help.

Got a few days to take off work and looking to get out on the MB and do some riding with the emphasis on spending time on the bike as it’s been limited recently.

I’m thinking of doing some trail centre riding for a change (normally ride peaks/lakes stuff) and because I will probably be riding alone.

I’m not really looking to learn new routes which is why I’m thinking TC’s as I can just turn up and ride without really thinking about it, researching etc.

So with that I’ve been thinking of

Day 1 – Bike Park Wales – is there enough to keep me interested all day?

Day 2 – Afan – again is there enough for a day?

Depending on above would then be heading back home via

day 3 – Coed y Brenin in the morning then onto Llandegla to finish

Ideally 3 full days would be good.

Any other ideas welcome.

Cheers

wiggles
    Free Member

Bike park, afan and cwmcarn if you want 3 places in the same-ish area.

james
    Free Member

“Coed y Brenin in the morning “
    So long as its all open, you want to spend the day there. Do the beast and theres a couple of mostly fireroad bits to chop off to make it a bit shorter. Basically stick on the two direct road climbs at the furthest away part of the dragons back loop

*Unless of course you’re a racing snake and can bash out a double loop in a morning

timmys

The three places I’d want to spend full days at would be; BPW (with an uplift ticket), CYB (do the Beast) & Antur Stiniog.

Nant yr Arian is another favourite but not really a whole day. ClimachX is relatively close depending on the direction you are heading.

nibby
    Free Member

Cheers for replies.

Never ridden any.. as above I tend to stick to natural stuff but fancy a change and not having to think about navigating etc.

I’m near North Wales but don’t mind travelling a bit as long as it’s worth it and there is enough riding time to be had.

Also don’t have a full face so pure downhill would be out but I’m partial to pretty technical stuff 🙂 suppose all the natural stuff in the Lakes/Peaks has spoilt me 🙂

therag
    Free Member

Bpw, afan, cwmcarn

coolhandluke
    Free Member

After doing Antur Stiniog this Saturday I’d base my other rides around that, it was mint! £5 to hire a full face lid BTW.

Llandegla, Penmachno, coed y Brennan, Marin, take your pick

tomj
    Free Member

Afan to Coed Y Brenin is a 3 to 4hr drive along some fairly slowish roads (no dual carriageways). It’s then another hour or so to Llandegla. So that’s a large driving to riding ratio – especially if you have to drive home afterwards.

There’s plenty of trail centres in either to stick to North or South Wales for three days without too much driving

singletrackstinker
    Free Member

Brechfa is worth a mention too

rhysyd
    Free Member

Marin/Penmachno would be a good shout although there not ‘trail centres’

nibby
    Free Member

Thanks everyone, think I will drive to South Wales and do a few days then head back home and see.

But I’m now thinking of maybe going up to the Borders, base in Glentress then riding Inners etc.

Aaaarrrgghh…

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Just to help, I’ve ride all above, all good for different reasons. (I realise this is no help, but just saying you can’t go wrong with any of them).

ready

I’ve just done this. Spent some hours on Friday at the Forest of Dean, including lots of fun on the mini DH runs. Then Afan on Saturday to try out the new Blade trail in the morning, with the excellent Whites Level in the afternoon, finishing with an uplift day at BPW on Sunday. Tiring, but one of the best weekends I’ve had in a long time! 🙂

nibby
    Free Member

looking forward to it now.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Options for a 2-3 days riding, thinking of Wales Trail Centres’ is closed to new replies.