Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Optimum way of setting the correct rebound on an X Fusion Trace fork….
  • billyboy
    Free Member

I’ve been collecting parts since Dec 2013 for a Giant Trance 29er build, and I put the whole thing together about 3 weeks ago. I opted for the X Fusion Trace in its straight 120RL form for the fork.

And I’m really pleased with the bike…only the fork rebound has about 34 different settings and I’d failed to find the sweet spot.

Today I drove the bike up to Ide Hill, where I parked up, to do a 1 hr 30 minute..ish engaging loop which goes
    to and from Crockham Hill.

As I took the bike out of the car I saw the Fork rebound knob catch on the car upholstery and ratchet round at least a couple of turns.

So I think to myself that I must change that back…but because I haven’t settled on the best setting yet, I’ll leave it until after I hit the first batch of bumps to see where it’s at!!!

I hit the first rough off road patch and the fork is the best its ever been…so I leave it…and continue on…and it is poetry…so I stop, check out where the rebound has set itself to when being dragged across on my car’s upholstery when I was getting it out (12 clicks from the fastest, 22 from the slowest), write that down……..and then continue to have one of the sweetest rides I’ve had on the bike yet.

Simples!!!!!

wiggles
    Free Member

My rebound knob fell off so my rebound is set for me also ( I can’t be arsed to use a tool to change it) must be an x fusion feature.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Optimum way of setting the correct rebound on an X Fusion Trace fork….’ is closed to new replies.