Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Optilase ?
  • kendo954
    Free Member

The wife is fairly sure she wants to get eye surgery as she hates glasses/contacts (she’s used both for years)

She has booked an appointment for a consultation next month to see what treatment is best for her.

Has anyone used optilase? Any good stories? Horror stories or any general information would be much appreciated

Cheers

thehustler
    Free Member

Cant comment on the above but boots and ultralase own the two best lasers for the procedure atm

jkomo

A mate used to be a regional manager for one of the big players.
    The most expensive procedures had by far the best outcomes, so ignore the ‘from’ prices.

spooky_b329

I’m looking into this seriously now as well, the latest wave division type seems to be the clear winner for me seeing as it claims better night vision, as someone who night rides and who’s work involves detailed work in poor light I think I’d be silly not to go for the top dollar option.

jkomo

Night vision is the big risk with any procedure. Worse case, you get bad halos around lights and glare, to the point where night driving becomes really difficult or impossible. If this happens, it can’t be rectified.
    When they say better night vision, it won’t be better than not having it done, just better than the worse procedures.
    There is a lot of info on tinted net about problems, obviously.
    Also, the surgeon makes a massive difference. Try and get recommendation. I have heard of surgeons who are rubbish allowed to continue.
    Paul Rosen is one of the top bods in the country, but I don’t know if he has access to the latest stuff, I would try and find both. (He is inOxford and London)

mtbtomo
    Free Member

It is worth finding someone who you know who can recommend a company they have actually used.

My other half has had it done and went to the same place that did two of her cousins. Visualase in Bolton I think it was.

Her best friend had it done somewhere down south and they didn’t get it quite right first time, so she had to go back 6 months or so later

crapjumper
    Free Member

I had both eyes done at Optimax in Liverpool just on 10 years ago . My vision has been excellent since .

ivorhogseye
    Free Member

I believe these to be the best http://www.advancedvisioncare.co.uk, they are a Harley street practice.
    If you live outside the M25 they’ll put you up in a hotel as part of the price.
    Myself and two friends have all been done with no complications. Have heard first hand of real problems with high street ones. i.e. painful procedure and gritty eyes.
    You are looking at around £2000 per eye. As mentioned above don’t believe the “from” price.
    AVC didn’t mess about by quoting fake prices, all very professional and honest and up front.
    The night vision thing has been mostly eliminated now with the latest techniques.
    I certainly have no problems.
    My prescription was +4 -175 180, which is quite long and meant glasses/contacts were always expensive.
    Having my eyes lasered has been life changing (for the better)

kendo954
    Free Member

cheers for the info ….

we are over in N.Ireland, consultation is next Thursday.

Im sort of against it (but i have good vision and dont wear glasses)

we shall see what they say and take it from there..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Optilase ?’ is closed to new replies.