Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Opticians in the house – what if glasses don't 'fit' ?
  • iainc

Picked up a new pair of specs from my local optician on Sat – they have been our family optician for years and they are very good (my wife works at Eye hospital and they are connected with agreat reputation).

Anyway, what I should have done was either get my oldish light flexon Nike’s reglazed, or bought new identical frames with new lenses….what I actually did was pick a pair of half rimmed frames and get the new prescription in them. Prescription was hardly changed, but old specs quite scratched. Spares, which I use on the bike still ok, and close enough to be fine to wear. So the problem is these new ones are not comfortable – heavy, digging into my nose and ears – went today to get them adjusted, but still crap.

So going back tomorrow to look at options – what I would ‘like’ is to get the new lenses recut to either fit one of my old frames, or get a new frame same as my old Nike one. Unfortunately due to my prescription the lenses are well expensive, and ultra thin etc, so come in at over £100 each.

I feel a bit guilty though, but I think I remember someone on here saying that the Opticians aren’t actually out of pocket if they have to do alternative specs due to a poor fit ? I am quite happy to pay, but having forked out over £300 on a pair of specs that don’t actually fit my face I don’t really want to write it of as a bad buy…

thehustler
    Free Member

Go back and let them have a look, it’s worth taking your old glasses too as the notepads could be a different size/ shape and/or material. With regard to the arms the Nike flexons were designed to ‘grip’ your head (still have 2 pairs myself in blue and bronze) rather than bend over your ear (not sure how your new frame is designed to fit without more details, sometimes it can take 2 or 3 adjustments b4 a patient is happy with the fit, back to the notepads have a look in mirror b4 you go and make sure the pads are sitting flush on your nose/ face and not pressing on any edge(top bottom front or back).

PM me if you want more info

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Opticians in the house – what if glasses don't 'fit' ?’ is closed to new replies.