Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Opinions on why forks feel this way…..
  • willber
    Free Member

Very breifly – 36 TALAS (120/160).

When hitting square edges and mulitple rapid drops – like going down steps for example. It feels kinda like the front wheel is slapping the ground – and kinda feels a bit shitty.

Sag set correctly – rebound confuses me a bit

mikewsmith
    Free Member

rebound (if it’s a new fox fork) will be called fast or slow. This is how fast the fork rebounds after compression. Sounds like it’s going too fast. Move it a couple of clicks back and repeat.
    Do you also have low speed compression in there?

retro83
    Free Member

can also get the feeling from having the fork rebound much too slow, it doesn’t extend quickly enough to track the ground.

Northwind

Best thing to do is to first, take a note of your current settings. Then, find a section that brings out the problem, and then fanny about with it a bit. Add rebound, remove rebound, see what happens. Depending on which version it is you might have compression damping adjustment too, same drill for that.

messiah
    Free Member

Loco has some good set-up tips on his site.

Linky

I tend to run my rebound fast to allow the fork to recover from one impact before the next.

Compression damping I tend to leave quite fast/open too as in my experience cranking it up tends to make things feel harsh.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Opinions on why forks feel this way…..’ is closed to new replies.