Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Opinions on this road bike please
  • Gunz
    Free Member

https://www.merlincycles.com/merlin-roc-105-road-bike-84200.html

I’m not a roadie but I do train on the road quite a bit as it’s sometimes quicker, easier to put in a specific effort etc. I’d like a 105 g’set as I believe it’s the point at which you can expect it to last and be serviceable without costing the earth. For an ally frame with carbon fork and 105 this looks like a great price, or am I missing something?

lunge

That’ll be fine. The frame will be very stiff and the wheels aren’t great but for that much money, assuming it fits, it’s s good buy.

therevokid
    Free Member

looks like a cracking deal …. full 105 + a bike for £650

chakaping
    Free Member

The frame will be very stiff

I reckon it could be quite nice. It says it’s triple butted and the RRP was quite high.

Merlin don’t tend to piss about with inflated RRPs like some other retailers.

Fill yer boots OP.

jb72
    Free Member

Even comes with 105 brake calipers … most others will put cheap crap on. Looks good.

whisky711
    Free Member

We’re overlooking the most important fact………it’s named after a wizard! 😯

SaxonRider

I’m quite impressed. If I was in the market right now, I would seriously consider it.

Gunz
    Free Member

Cheers all, I think I’ll give it a whirl.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I don’t see why the frame will be any more or less stiff than anything else at this price?

Its unlikely you’d get full 105 at this price on anything else and the wheels won’t be any worse than the wheels on other brands at this price.

Important that it fits but it does look like a bit of a bargain!

globalti
    Free Member

Aluminium frame construction has moved on a long way in the last few years and they are usually surprisingly comfortable.

aazlad
    Free Member

I was cycling home from work earlier in the week with a guy on the Merlin Cyclocross bike and it looked great.

The guys at Merlin also seem like a good bunch. I’ve always had good service whether online or in their shop.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Merlin don’t tend to piss about with inflated RRPs like some other retailers.

its their own brand though, so when was it actually sold at RRP?

chakaping
    Free Member

Give them a bell and ask.

PMK2060

Free shoes and pedals included. It’s a deal, it’s a steal, it’s the sale of the ****** century!.

codybrennan
    Free Member

Thats a steal….looks good too. Reminds me a little of a CAAD10:

creedy
    Free Member

Damn it!!!! I’ve just had to tell the wife to clear a space for a new bike!!! Cheers Gunz!!! 😀

TiRed

Full 105 and internal cabling looks very good value for the money. The only down point is the alloy steerer in my view, and that is only a couple of hundred grams.

Throw the tyres away and buy something decent rubber and it will transform the ride. Schwalbe Ones or Vittoria Corse Open Pave are my current choices.

creedy
    Free Member

Only thing i noticed was the original rrp was £775, but this was the initial review pricing. Even so at £650 with shoes and pedals, its exactly what i wasn’t looking for. I will give the tyres a few rides before sneaking some new rubber into the house 😉

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Opinions on this road bike please’ is closed to new replies.