• This topic has 14 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by JoeG.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Opinions , On One Fatty carbon fork
  • alexdudley
    Free Member

Hi , anyone got or tried On One’s carbon fatty fork.. Just thought I would gauge opinion before I push the buy button,

akira

Ordered mine today, saves about a pound and a half and looks nicer than the steel fork. All good.

tazzymtb

Nice fork, silly money works great with the fatty. May not play quite so well with other bikes as the long 55mm offset will be a but erm…twitchy. ..with a steaper head angle

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Andy

Anyone fitted a fatty fork to a Mukluk? Wondering how well it will work? The (newer)Mukluk has a 69.5° HA as opposed to the Fatty 68° HA. Cheers 😕

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Brill on the fatty!

Had mine a few months now 8)

Just finishes the look perfectly, weighs a shed load less and offers a little more spring I seem to think!

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Sacrilege to put one on my Jones, I suppose !!! 😉 – save a couple of hundred grammes though!

wwaswas

I keep looking at these and thinking of my Puffin.

It would be the first time I’ve ‘upgraded’ a bike before I even have it. Which is putting me off a bit (well that and the graphics on the fork!).

JoeG
    Free Member

The Fatty forks have a different offset than most of the others (55 mm vs 45 mm IIRC). The change in fork offset will change the handling, likely not for the better on a bike that was designed for a different offset.

davo
    Free Member

Why would anyone want to fit a carbon fork to a fatty? Mine only weighs 41 pound with the steel fork! 🙂

Northwind

Maybe because the fork/frame junction on a standard fatty is one of the ugliest things ever inflicted on a pushbike? :mrgreen:

alexdudley
    Free Member

I have a tapered head tube with integrated headset so hoping the frame and fork will be the same size . And the fact it is lighter is a bonus!

crispyrice

It’s cheap it’s light it looks cool. Get it.

doh
    Free Member

A set should be on the way to me as we speak, when is the matching placky frame coming anyone know?

JoeG
    Free Member

White ones are sold out. 😯

JoeG
    Free Member

Mine arrived today (UK -> USA). It looks really nice! The finish is very good. 🙂 I can’t wait to get it put on the bike! Hopefully, tomorrow.

Steerer is looonnnng; just under 12 inches. 😯 Uncut, mine weighs 600g + bung of another 36g. So even with the bung, mine is under the quoted fork weight of 652 g.

Only slight flaw is that that the clearcoat/epoxy on the disk mount tab is rough. On the disk side, of course. 😕 The white paint was masked off of the disk tabs, dropouts, and fork crown/steerer, so no issues there.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Opinions , On One Fatty carbon fork’ is closed to new replies.