Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Opinions on Norco Sight?
  • bluesbreaker
    Free Member

Looking at Norco Sights now as I’d like a good all-round xc/trail 650b size bike, also looking at stumpjumpers, most 650b santa cruz’s are out of my price range unfortunately.

Anyone own or ridden the Norco? What are they like as a brand?

Thanks 🙂

toofarwest

I’ve only had mine (C7.2) for four weeks so too early to say, impressed so far though. There does seem to be a little bit of a ghost shift under hard pedalling but I think that’s just a mech adjustment issue.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Had a C7.2 for a couple of summers now, I love min. I had one that came with a 140mm revelation which did a good job, but replaced with a longer pike this year and now it’s pretty perfect for around here. Definitely not as slack or as point and shoot as it’s bigger brother the Range, but for a fun, do it all type bike they’re pretty spot on.

Given the number of old Norco A Lines still being hammered in the whistler bike park, I’d say they’re generally built to last. There were a few issues with the carbon sights a year or so back, but I think Norco sorted them all out pretty quickly.

Not ridden the stumpy, but I demod a bronson recently and it felt pretty similar to the sight, but i preferred the sight.

gallowayboy

Cant comment on the current ones, but I had a 2012 sight 3 as a second hand frame which i built up as a first full suss. It seemed light and capable, did everything from long pennine days to a couple of days at Antur Stiniog. I liked it.
    It broke, however, cracked seat tube. I now have a 2015 Stumpy fsr, which is a much more substantial bike.

gastromonkey
    Free Member

I’ve had Norco Sight SE 3 since 2013. It’s 26 inch wheels. It’s been brilliant and I have no plans to change it. I’ve enjoyed it at trail centres and “real” trails in the lakes, dales, Lancashire and N Wales. It encourages you to push harder.

I’m an average rider and I think it makes me look good and certainly made me faster.

bluesbreaker
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies, all great to know. The Norco’s sure look nice, the Stumpy’s too for that matter.

I would be buying used and have around 1k to spend max, what sort of age and model of Noco sight would I get do you think for that? Is that enough to get me a 650b stumpy do you think?

I’m sort of at a dilemma as I could go for a santa cruz but would have to be an older heckler or superlight for that money so would be a 26er and I really want to go 650b this time.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Opinions on Norco Sight?’ is closed to new replies.