Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Opinions on new bike options
  • gixerator
    Free Member

So ive narrowed my search to the following bikes. This would be a second bike that is different than my 140 stumpy evo. I still want a capable climber (but am aware of the compromise)
    Would like to here from anyone that has tried one.
    Pivot Firebird
    Giant reign advanced 0
    Yeti SB6 Turq x0
    Zeroed Taniwha (wheel upgrade)

I have requested demos on two.

superstu
    Free Member

What do you want it to do that the Stumpy doesn’t?

kiwijohn

As much as I’d love a Taniwha, I’d put my money down on a Yeti.

gixerator
    Free Member

Hi Stu, better on the downs, more playfull. To take it on more challanging days and also just because i feel like it days.
    I would also use it on uplifts although these are once a year so a side use.

Rorschach
    Free Member

None of them are weapony enuff.

gixerator
    Free Member

Thanks Chris, I really value your opinion

oldeh
    Free Member

I recon you should get something a bit further away from the stumpy like a commencal meta 4.2 or an intense uzzi

gixerator
    Free Member

Tried to arrange a demo on the Reign today. Was told Giant don’t demo larger travel bikes and aren’t attending any demo days. I was given the option of sitting on the bike (albeit a different spec) in the show room.
    This would be really useful if I was buying a couch!!

gixerator
    Free Member

Well its on order. Get it in three weeks!

oldnpastit

Which?

superstu
    Free Member

Yes… which?!

gixerator
    Free Member

The yeti. Although I didnt test ride the pivot or Zerode. I will post pics and review after a few rides.

wl
    Free Member

Can’t help with this lot but I’d take a look at whatever Orange fits the bill. Their current line-up is great – I’ve ridden the Five and Alpine 6, both superb. The Four and new Stage 5 are too, by all accounts.

honourablegeorge

oldeh – Member
    I recon you should get something a bit further away from the stumpy like a commencal meta 4.2 or an intense uzzi

Firebird is definitely headed in the Uzzi direction, would think it’s much more of a haeavy hitter than the Meta. Ditto the Reign

gixerator
    Free Member

Ive ordered it, so no more deciding for me. Just a delay on the bars. Im going for a custom build.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Opinions on new bike options’ is closed to new replies.