Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Opinions on Kinesis XC Pro 2?
  • JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

I have been looking at a possible replacement for my Giant XTC.
    Current bike is very slightly too small,and rear end is very rigid,so have been looking at potential replacements.
    I have seen the XC Pro 2 frame for £269 on Wiggle.
    Is it an out and out racer or will,it take a little bit of abuse?
    Riding is mostly,(Southern wuss)local singletrack with the odd visit to Woburn or Swinley so fairly tame.
    Will those carbon stays,give me a bit more comfort?
    It would be built up with my Reba SLs,and mainly XT groupset from my current bike.
    Heard that cable routing can be a bit of a faff,is this true?

Teifiterror
    Free Member

Had mine just over a year and ridden in all the terrain you describe as well as jaunts to wales and scotland etc. Same spec as well with rebas up front and mostly xt/x-9 drivetrain. Rear end does give some comfort but not to the same degree a full carbon or steel/titanium bike would likely give. The top tubes tend to be a bit shorter for equivalent sized bikes compared to many other manufacturers which I myself prefered. No idea what faff there could be wth cable routing, same as any other bike I would say. For that price I definitely would get one though! Bargain!

rob1984p
    Free Member

I like mine but its not anything like as light as published weight and about 3 ounces heavier than the cheaper easton all alloy one from a year or two ago.

I think mine is quite harsh to be honest but maybe you should discount that comment as its my first xc bike and I ride lines like im on my 223.

My riding buddy has the easton alloy one and has built it up light (revolution spokes, stupid skewers, all xt, and light finishing kit) and it weighs 23lb.

On mine with flat bars I did find myself doing some less conventional cable routing at the headtube end but so far so good. It has plastic clip on hose things so you dont have to disassemble brakes to run them through guides.

Hope this helps, overall I like it and its ok value at that price.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Cheers for your advice chaps.
    Now wondering whether to go for the XC120,which may be a bit more versatile and similarly light………….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Opinions on Kinesis XC Pro 2?’ is closed to new replies.