Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Opinions on Genesis Core 40 (2011)
  • 101andy
    Free Member

I’ve been looking at hardtails at about £1,000 and have tentatively settled on a Genesis Core 40. My riding is mainly local bridleways with a trail centre once a month (Dalby, Whinlatter etc). The spec seems to offer great value and the bike ‘fits’ if you know what I mean.

Are any of you riding Genesis bikes, all feedback have seen to date is good. Any comments before I push the button on this?

Andy

hainman
    Free Member

i have a genesis 20 and its a great bike.very sturdy and does everything i need it to,ive just upgraded the brakes to slx’s so it stops me on a tanner,the genesis 40 will be even better than my ride so you’ll enjoy it immensely!!

hainman
    Free Member

also ive had it at glentess and it kept up with my mate and his 2k fs spesh,ive had it up and over many hills and at carron valley and it takes all in its stride!hope this helps you mate

scotabroad

I bought a Core 50 about 6 months ago and I have to say its a great bike, superb for trail centres or any swoopy singletrack. Ive got a full suss and a longer forked hardtail but the core 50 always seems to be the bike that comes out of the shed at the moment 🙂

Felofagen
    Free Member

Core 20 here too. Like you local bridleways (West Pennine Moors), but In last twelve months Penmachno, Marin, Llandegla, Gisburn. A great all rounder – more expensive trappings can only make it better

101andy
    Free Member

Thanks Guys. Reassuring feedback.

steve_b77
    Free Member

My mate has a core 20, albeit with hardly anything standard left on it and another mate has a Core 40, I rode the latter the other week, felt like a nice bike.

bellerophon
    Free Member

I’ve got a Genesis Abyss 2009, whilst not exact same as the Core 40 – it is a great bike and I’m sure the Core 40 will be too.

101andy
    Free Member

Cheers. Just waiting for the cyclescheme
    vouchers now.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Opinions on Genesis Core 40 (2011)’ is closed to new replies.