Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Opinions & experiences on Centre Parcs please
  • AlasdairMc

cathyb – Member
    Geetee the idea that couples without children paying more to go on holiday to subsidise parents with children is outrageous! You chose to have children, you get child benefit, then pay for your holidays yourself! Those of us who are without school age children try to go on holiday when it is quieter and not during school holidays! If we didn’t then your holidays would cost considerably more. Surely you remember the time before you had children?? As for £2k for a week then its up to you mate not the couples to pay for it.

Wow, you joined to post that? I take it sarcasm doesn’t exist where you’re from?

donks
    Free Member

When ever I speak to people about centre parcs I get the impression they go as 2 or even 3 couples and share a lodge which means splitting the cost and making it more palatable.

It’s all about the pool really, when we went all the other activities were a bit mediocre I thought and had to be booked and paid for separately making it even more expensive!

wobbliscott
    Free Member

It’s not that expensive off peak season. We’ve just been, got a basic villa, which is perfectly fine, took some of our own good, so only ate out a few times, and was sensible about the activities we booked. We had a great weekend, it was relatively cost effective. It’s no more expensive than paying for a static caravan in some Chav infested cheap and nasty campsite, but a different league in terms of the quality of the facilities and surroundings.

The big posh villas are expensive, but very well kitted out with hot tubs, saunas and stuff. They are reasonably priced compared renting a similarly equipped cottage somewhere nice. Out of our budget for a weekend getaway, but they seem nice all the same.

mjb

We recently went away for a long weekend and the wife suggested going to Centre Parks but I just couldn’t face it to be honest. I’ve always felt that holidays with kids should be for visiting new places and gaining new experiences. We go to the local leisure with it’s slide and waves every other week.

In the end I booked an apartment near Portmadoc instead which was a reasonable amount cheaper. 15 minute walk to a beach with lots of rock pools, 10 minutes in the other direction to a harbour for looking at boats or catching crabs as well as a station with lots of steam trains. Within half an hours drive there’s lots more beaches, mountain walks, castles, lakes to swim in, streams to dam, mines to go down, engine sheds and sadly not open when we went but definitely a tick for next time trampolining. Yes it’s a lot more work for the parents but then i think it’s worth for the experience that the kids get.

I also preferred the view to just looking at trees as well!

it has the perfect plan B for the kids if the weather is bad

Plan B is to wear waterproofs 🙂

prettygreenparrot

@mjb, exactly. The british summer is what gore tex was made for.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

A friend of ours commented and we agreed that holidays with young children aren’t really holidays they are just child care with a change of scenery.

All depends on your attitude to spending time with your kids I suppose…. Took our little girl to llafranc in Spain (little quiet coastal town) when she was just over a year old then again the next year. Since then she’s been to Italy, France and Germany with us, not once have we thought ‘this isn’t really a holiday’.

Great times, and I don’t recall paying 2K for any of those places!.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Opinions & experiences on Centre Parcs please’ is closed to new replies.