Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Open Office / Excel question
  • jimmy

I have some numbers. Some are in tonnes, some are %. I want to make a bar chart with the Y axis (left hand vertical, I think thats Y…) in tonnes, with the right-hand axis (Z?) in % with a corresponding line on the graph. However, it won’t let me get the Z axis going – its greyed out.

As I f’d up my copy of excel and don’t have the disk to reinstall, I’m using openoffice. Anyone know if it can be done in OO and how? Or in Excel, and I’ll go use Uni PCs.

jimmy

OK, I have it done in Excel. Next question.

I have 5 data series. 2 are columns, 2 are lines. This works fine. I have another which I need just to be points on the chart (ie a plotted line, without the line, just the points). However it only lets me keep 2 lines and automatically converts the other to columns. Anyone care to share a bit of Excel knowledge?

Stoner
    Free Member

right hand click on the data series coming out as a column and change its chart type to line with points then format the line as no colour.

jimmy

hmmm that changes the whole chart, not just the one data series.

Stoner
    Free Member

slect only the data series you want to change.

jimmy

Got it. I think I was choosing a custom chart type, but it has to be a standard one. Thanks Stoner.

Stoner
    Free Member

Prego

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Open Office / Excel question’ is closed to new replies.