Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Open Face Helmet and Goggles…..WTFs that about?
  • grum
    Free Member

I’m waiting to hear davidtaylforth’s opinion before deciding whether to ‘rock’ this look.

Stevelol
    Free Member

I’ve done this a few times before in poor weather, most of my rides are on bridleways, lots of horses use them too, so that equals mud and turds. I also have poor vision in my right eye, if left one gets something in it I’m basically blind, thats not good at speed.

My bike glasses fog up (Cheap Endura ones) and I only need them when descending. I like using goggles then wrap them around my bar/stem when not in use.

Lifer
    Free Member

Isn’t there an old school North Shore builder/rider who’s been rocking the TLD open face with goggles for many a year?

boneisland
    Free Member

As a rider of both road and mountain bikes, i think its amazing how many ‘can i wear this’ conversations there are with MTBers. goggles with OF helmets?? FF helmets on XC runs?? White tyres?? So many taboo items……lets just all wear what the hell we want too eh??
    You dont get any of this with road cyclists. So the question is:-
    How many people are actually mountain biking for the love of the sport and how many are there because they think its cool and want to be trendy and set trends?????????

ir_bandito
    Free Member

i’ve been doing it a bit since i got to New zealand. The trails were very dusty a few weeks ago

that’s just showing off.

I_Ache
    Free Member

How many people are actually mountain biking for the love of the sport and how many are there because they think its cool and want to be trendy and set trends?????????

Is it possible to do both?

No? Well in that case as everybody who has met me can testify I am definitely a trend setter.

DrP

I sometimes fill the goggles with murky sea water.
    Gotta give you mere mortals a chance to catch me hey…..

DrP

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I’ve been known to do this occasionally on big mountain descents due to the streaming eye thing. I use regular riding glasses for 99.9% of my normal riding though.

robowns
    Free Member

Yes goggles look lame, but so do glasses. Id rather squint with one eye and close the other than wear glasses.

mattjevans
    Free Member

Do you make a pirate noise while you do that closing one eye squinting with the other thing?

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

If you look like Joe Barnes, you’ll go like Joe Barnes, surely?

mattjevans
    Free Member

I’d fancy an Urge Real Jet, modt certainly with goggles, if it wasnt for the price

pudd
    Free Member

Who cares about who wear’s what! silly shallow judgemental fools trying to make an inadequate life feel better somehow. I say get over yourself, ride your bike and stop whining.

Racers are paid and contractually bound to look a certain way and dumn asses copy them.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

I don’t do it for style, I realise its an interesting combo. But I love the isolated feel of using them in a full-face for DH and when I’m doing an XC ride I can stick them in the bag and use them on descents that are either very windy or very muddy. When you’re going as fast as you damn well can on top of an exposed windy hill its nice to concentrate fully on the trail.
    Don’t have glasses and don’t really like the idea of glasses so goggles it is.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Open Face Helmet and Goggles…..WTFs that about?’ is closed to new replies.