Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Oops. Sunday morning Ebay – Titus Ftm Carbon purchase
  • campfreddie
    Free Member

Just bought one from a Planet X for £500. Complete with RT3 Monarch.

Needs a new mech ganger (I think about £20 tops).

Are these any good lol?

ste_t
    Free Member

The guy I sold mine to said he’s always regretted selling his hence buying another. Never got to ride it though as a large is 21″ seattube so it was nearly as big as me.

scandal42
    Free Member

They certainly look the dogs nads

campfreddie
    Free Member

I believe they come up quite large.

The frame I bought is a large, but am 6ft with a 34″ inseam, so it should be great. My last bike was a large Yeti ASR5

Just looking for forks now. Am thinking of dual position so I can go 120-150

rob-jackson
    Free Member

The mech hangers are Shit. Brant was trying to get some stronger ones. The hole is too close to the edge. Betd do one I think that is machined not pressed

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Oh and headset is problematic to get

campfreddie
    Free Member

I’m looking at the headsets. Superstar do one or On One have them. They have 9mm or 15mm stack versions. Can I go with either?

campfreddie
    Free Member

Do you think.Fox Talas 140-120 forks would work?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

The only one that fits is an fsa as far as I remember, bearings sit in frame

rob-jackson
    Free Member

I used 150 revs on mine

campfreddie
    Free Member

Right, just bought a pair of fox talas 140 15mm tapered forks from je James. £300. That should do for the morning I think.

jambon
    Free Member

Headset is integrated. The inability to accept a slackset would put me off.

mrjmt
    Free Member

Love mine. Think it’s better with 150mm forks than 140mm but still good either way.
    Superstar headset fits, or there’s a pz racing one on crc that fits too. You can get the reducer crown race for the superstar one if your forks are straight.
    Don’t forget to route your cables through the rocker (see photos on Titus site) and plenty of heli tape where they go through and on shock body where they rest on it. Mine started wearing through stuff in no time.
    I’ve gone 1×10 and used front mech cable.route for reverb hose, if you use a dropper that uses a gear cable you can just get it through without having to loose front mech, reverb hose is thicker so can’t fit it through.
    Its so light and the suspension design is great for pedalling that I find it fine climbing with a 34T front ring in peaks and dales.

mrjmt
    Free Member

Oh, and it doesn’t need a slackset!

mrjmt
    Free Member

Just seen you’ve got tapered forks, this is the headset that fits.

campfreddie
    Free Member

Cheers.

I was going to go for RS rev dual position forks, but I hate poplocs, hence the decision to go for fox talas.

Re. Te gear hanger, will it be the 2 or 3 bolt hanger? Does anyone know the model number for the betd one?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

the 3 bolt hanger is frail as **** and if you sue a clutch mech…..!

campfreddie
    Free Member

Oh…. I was going to go 1×10 with a clutch zee and a narrow/wide chainring.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Oops. Sunday morning Ebay – Titus Ftm Carbon purchase’ is closed to new replies.