Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Oops, rolled the trailer, wife took it quite well………
  • HarryTuttle

Oh dear, it was all going so well……

Dropped of my wife to do something she wanted, drove me and the kids over to the local woods, had some fun, the oldest enjoyed some jumps my little girl enjoyed some time in the trailer, the push along, and playing with sticks (important at that age).

On the way back to the car disaster stuck!! She’s lost a stick.

Nothing for it but to go back and look, no joy, so in order to meet my wife on time we head on to the car a bit faster than perhaps is sensible.

I never saw the stump, first thing I knew was the trailer was on it’s side and we slid to a halt…..

A bit shocked all round but no one actually hurt, the trailer will never be the same again though.

My wife took it quit well though.
    “did you have a nice time?”
    “yes, there was one hiccucp though.”
    “oh yes?”
    “Err, how was you’re afternoon?”
    “oh great I saw……”

Moral is:
    1) You can get away with loads if she enjoys her time and no one actually gets hurt.
    2) Use the seat belt…

What’s the worst you’ve done when out with the kids?

FOG

Brought them back.

Rorschach
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr2ppB7l1vU[/video]Could’a been worse

bigyinn
    Free Member

Your child will confess your sins…..

Oggles
    Free Member

I rolled the trailer when mountain biking with my 2yo sister in it. Took a corner rather enthusiastically… She never told the rentals, and neither did I 😉

aracer
    Free Member

Mrs aracer was following just behind when I rolled the trailer. She is made of pragmatic stuff though – mini-aracer wasn’t bothered so neither was she.

HarryTuttle

I’m glad I’m not the only one to have rolled a trailer and sprog!

I’m feeling a bit better about the whole thing now!

owenfackrell
    Free Member

I have rolled ours after getting a bit enthusistic when going round a aroundabout. All i can say is the staps work great and my daughter thought it was funny. The trailer lives on thanks to duct tape.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Mine is too heavy to roll with a 4yo and a 2yo in it. I did roll it once when it was empty tho.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Great vid, tempted to get one for my bandogge, she could cover more ground and eat more children.

nonk
    Free Member

i swung my oldest nipper round and round untill her elbow popped out.

😐

happens all the time i am told. 😳

takisawa2

I rolled it with the eldest in once, he was 3 I think. He insisted on sitting on “his” side, rather than in the middle. (Normally had his younger brother in also). It went over very easily. He thought it an adventure, & wanted it to roll over again. No damage to child (5-point harness), but few scrapes on the trailer. It rolled over on a speedbump once, at work, when empty.

Somewhat ironically, a week later we had a blow-out & the car rolled over. Not quite as funny, I can tell you.

Nonk…I popped my youngests elbow out last winter, pushing his sleeves up to put his gloves on. Nurse said its very common, but easily fixed. I was beside myself.!!!

nonk
    Free Member

I was beside myself.!!!

me to man it looks bloody sore.

D0NK

Took my eldest swimming at the weekend – on my own for the first time. Obviously he slipped and banged his head. I shall relay this story to her now, take some of the flak off me, cheers 🙂

takisawa2

The nurse gave him some Calpol, distracted his attention & “click”, it was back in. The sling was off by the time we’d got to the car. Awful to see him hurting so much, & especially as I’d (inadvertantly) done it. 😥

HarryTuttle

Oh yes, I did the elbow thing with my boy when he was about 2, just lifting him onto the bed! It came out a few times over the next year or so and every time at A and E there was the subtle check for other brusing…

If he did it now I’d be in trouble, with all the bumps and bruses from climbing, biking etc they’d take one look and call social.

In fact now that I think about it they did! My wife took him in one night when I was at work and while waiting and watching the drunk smash the place up his arm poped back, so she told reception and left, next thing we had a call from social services! It appears leaving is not allowed, nothing came of it thank god.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Was at a friends when their little boy kept complaining about his arm. As a first aider, in their eyes I was a valid health professional 🙄 So I had a little look and asked him some questions, reckoned he was putting it on a bit as they were due to go out that evening. They took him to hospital later on : broken elbow 😳 Apparently he’s got a high pain threshold, which would be why he was doing somersaults off the sofa still…

Currently 3/0 on the days alive vs. dad related injuries scoreboard. To continue the cricket analogy, I am fearful of a middle order collapse 😥

Mark_K

When my eldest was about 2 he was in the push chair and I hadn’t put his belt on, waiting to cross the road in a shopping center car pack a car flashes us to cross so I dash over the road pushing the chair and for some bizarre reason I just didn’t lift the front wheels up to miss the cerb ! I went straight over the bars and landed upside down in the push chair my lad flew out and landed head first in the hedge. 😳 every one laughing their heads off, lads crying (just from shock and a scraped knee)and the misses going ape $h1T 😕 It was not one of my finest moments 🙄

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Oops, rolled the trailer, wife took it quite well………’ is closed to new replies.