Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Oops – I did a very bad thing…
  • hels
    Free Member

Accidently parked in a disabled space overnight last night. I swear I didn’t see the sign, there were branches hanging over it and no lines painted on the ground to demark the space, a van parked behind, I was in a hurry etc etc. The user of the space parked on the double yellows behind and left me a rude note, so he wasn’t too inconvenienced, if one is looking for mitigation.

What should my penance be ? I don’t know where the person lives, but will leave an apology note on their car tonight, and perhaps trim the branches around the sign.

(not the disabled space right outside my house, for the record, the one around the corner)

Feeling very bad this morning.

Bedds
    Free Member

No pudding

jambalaya
    Free Member

Cut the branches and leave a note apologising. I would probably avoid saying in the note you have cut the branches as officially you shouldn’t do that. You could write to the council and ask them to do it but that’s a bit pedantic. The apology is the main thing you should do.

RobHilton
    Free Member

3 hail marys and a couple of how’s your fathers should do the trick

kcal

If it was a proper rude (rather than sniffy) note then trim your apology suitably (as it was a genuine mistake, not taking the pi$$). That or go completely overboard.

I guess they get it happening all the time, hence the rude-ness, but straying into rudeness not good..

binners

I’m afraid we’re going to have to remove your legs

cynic-al
    Free Member

Rude note?

jambalaya
    Free Member

I’m afraid we’re going to have to remove your legs

Any excuse to watch this again 🙂

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axAA2egWeaY[/video]

boriselbrus
    Free Member

First offence?

Probably get away with crucifixion.

🙂

hels
    Free Member

I have tried that before boris but never quite manage it on my own. It’s impossible to get that last nail in.

wallop

Was it a white space or a yellow space?

hels
    Free Member

No painted lines at all, just a very (your honor) discrete sign on the wall at the start of the double yellows. All the other disabled spaces have painted lines so I am wondering how official it is, which is not really the point I suppose. I reversed in, jumped out the drivers side, am short and have a (sorry) 4WD so can’t see that well out the back. That and the van parked right up against me conspired.

steve-g
    Free Member

Leave a note, sorry for parking in your space but I too am disabled, I have tourettes, now F*ck Off

kcal

They may need to have an ID as well these days – like E342 – so it may just be someone that feels they ‘need’ a space (maybe justified) but haven’t actually got the council to put up the proper signage. Sometimes if I’m taking daughter to the orthodontist (in Inverness) park near the building, and there’s a guy who’s very protective of his space outside, but it’s a shop-bought disabled sign, do try and stay clear of it but once was in process of parking there (as you say small sign on wall) and he came out all ablaze that this was ‘his’ space..

andy4d

Cut the branches then use them to flog your car in true Basil Faulty style

redted
    Free Member

I really wouldn’t worry about it:

Onzadog
    Free Member

No carriageway marking? What did the sign look like? Doesn’t sound like a legit bay at all. Even disabled people can get petty and territorial about parking.

taxi25
    Free Member

Without markings on the road it sounds like someone has made their own sign to try and blag a parking spot. Disabled or not you can’t do this. I definitely wouldn’t be apologising.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Oops – I did a very bad thing…’ is closed to new replies.