Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Oops. Can I run 183mm standard Sawtooth rotors with my Hope V2 Calipers??
  • Mintyjim

As above, downgrading rotor size on the XC wheels for my one bike status, to 183mm and keeping the 203mm floating V2 rotors for the DH wheels.

Just bought some off here and suddenly realised I might be committing hara-kiri on the trails!

Experience, advice, reassurance sought

Cheers

iain1775
    Free Member

dont think so. The V2’s have a deeper braking surface
    The pads might catch on the spider / sawtooth edges
    You can get 183mm floating V2 / Moto rotors though

Yetiman
    Free Member

The V2 uses a wider disc so I doubt the sawtooth type would be up to the job as only part of the pad would be contacting the disc. You can see the difference here

mttm
    Free Member

No. As above, the V2 pad is much deeper, and will foul the rotor mounts on the spider – it won’t be pretty.

Mintyjim

Sorry, maybe I wasn’t clear…

I’ll be using the ‘ordinary’ 6 bolt 183mm non-floating design rotor so the additional depth of the V2 pad will use the steel ‘stalk’ coming out from the centre as the additional braking surface, so there are no rotor mounts to foul.

Therefore, I’m kinda inclined to think I’ll be OK.

DickBarton

Are you local to Stirling? Have a 183 v2 rotor and should really have the saw tooth…if you wanted a swap…the v2 works fine on my m4 but suspect a wider pad and narrower rotor wouldn’t be so good.

Mintyjim

DB, wrong country and end of the UK, I’m in Cardiff!

I only paid for the rotors today so they haven’t even arrived yet, it just dawned on me there might be an issue 20 seconds after I pressed pay!

I actually wanted two sets of rotors – one for my XC wheels at 183mm per end and then stick my 203mm floating rotors on the DH wheels.

If you have two 183mm floaters we could come to an arrangement?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Oops. Can I run 183mm standard Sawtooth rotors with my Hope V2 Calipers??’ is closed to new replies.