Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Ooops – SBR Sports?
  • grumm
    Free Member

Hmm placed an order on Saturday with SBR Sports, didn’t realise they were the same company as Bonthrone Bikes, who I have read loads of dodgy stuff about.

Now, at the risk of ‘pulling a Frisky’ – is it wrong that they have already charged my credit card, but the order status still says ‘awaiting invoice’ (whatever that means).

I am just about to ring them, but was just wondering about this – I am sure they are not meant to charge the card until they send the goods out?

wwaswas

they can charge your card now and have 28 days to send the goods, iirc.

grumm
    Free Member

Hmm this suggests you are right.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/advice_and_resources/resource_base/legal/distance-selling-regulations/contract-performance

I could have sworn they were supposed to wait til it shipped. Oh well, will give them a bell and see what they say.

grumm
    Free Member

Well they sent me the pike spring eventually, although I hope its not damaged as they sent it just in a carrier bag with no padding whatsoever. They still haven’t sent me the tyres I also ordered. 🙁

grumm
    Free Member

Well over a month later now and the tyres still haven’t arrived – after me chasing they are now saying it will be the second week in April.

🙁

I would steer well clear of ever shopping with SBR/Bonthrone in future personally.

singletracksurfer

bad luck. name changed service hasn’t.

wwaswas

I’d go back to them quotign the sale of goods act and suggets that unless either your goods or a refund are forthcoming within 48 hours tou’ll be onto their local trading standards.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

I currently have an ongoing issue with SBR. i won’t use them again.

nsaints
    Free Member

Me to…still trying to get my money returned
    Charged me for goods they can’t delivery until June

Apprently the returns department are all of sick….haa!!

andyfla
    Free Member

I haven’t had a problem with not receiving anything but their communication and delivery times are awful – after getting used to the CRC next day delivery having to wait a week for things to maybe turn up seems like a loooooong time

grumm
    Free Member

Arghhhh the Pike Spring they sent me is too short!!! Goddammit.

nsaints
    Free Member

Managed to get a 24 hour refund only following the threat of trading standards…
    Thanks to wwaswas for the advice above

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Ooops – SBR Sports?’ is closed to new replies.