Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Ooops!!
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

We’re having some bother with an insurance company (they owe us money, surprisingly) and I just forwarded their last email to Mrs PP stating “Fekkin stupid eejits”

Only I didn’t forward it, I replied instead.

😳

Stories of your cock-ups required to make me feel less foolish please. 🙂

geoffj

I once signed up to this forum

oldbloke
    Free Member

Once did the same as the OP in the early days of e-mail at the end of an 18 hour day when a lawyer was holding up a deal. Replied to him rather than fwd to my lawyer giving my frank views of situation.

Problem was gone the next morning though…

Bregante

My son was a witness in a court case last year and I went along to support him. When I arrived his Mum was there also and made a proper show of herself demanding that my son be allowed to give his evidence first because she had an appointment to get to. We were sat at opposite sides of the room as we barely speak and I sent a very critical text about her to my current wife.

Imagine the look on the ex’s face as she checked her incoming text just seconds later. 🙂

lank45
    Free Member

Was at the other end of this…made a request to a supplier, he wasn’t too happy and replied calling me a pr!ck. Needless to say it wasn’t meant for me, we’re a large company and they weren’t so big. They are now struck off our books never to be used again, unfortunate for them! It can really weaken your position making that mistake, but there is a way to get the mail back in outlook without the receiver reading it, they have not to have read it though. I’ve used it before 😀

ourmaninthenorth

Been on the receiving end of this during a deal, only it was written in German. My GCSE knowledge didn’t help out, but Babel Fish soon got the gist.

Helped speed things up no end after that..!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I once met geoffj for a drink in Brizzle.

I’ve kinda fancied him ever since.

Not Breggie though. Couldn’t ever be man enough for him.

geoffj

😯

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

but there is a way to get the mail back in outlook

I’ve sent it from my phone and had an automated ‘thanks for your email’ reply!

I have sent an apology claiming I replied to the wrong email.

lank45
    Free Member

At peterpoddy, was it a formal rant or did you use words like monkeyballs and forkinforkwits? I really hope the later 🙂

convert

I received an email from the girl arranging my sister’s hen do inviting my wife to the hen weekend. I forwarded it to my wife with a header saying that as my sister’s friends were a bunch of total knobbers this would be a weekend from hell and if she wanted I’d find an excuse for her so she didn’t have to bother going.

Obviously I then had some finger trouble and replied with the message instead of forwarding it on to my wife. Of course I didn’t press the normal reply button but chose the reply to all button instead. My sister was on the mailing list along with pretty much every female attendee at the wedding.

It made for an interesting wedding. Anyhow, the marriage lasted 4 months (groom was having an affair with one of the “friends” on the list) and my sister now has a lovely new bloke and new friends so all’s well that ends well! I’d like to think in my own small way I played a part in her positive life transformation!

ciderinsport
    Free Member

I once sent a message to my manager titled ‘***** the rapists’ (parent company’s name removed there!)

I had had a bad day and lost a very profitable client to the parent company, after some very underhanded dealings on their part….

My manager thought it would be good to forward the email, title and all, to the parent groups board….

I received a written warning soon after 😳

meehaja
    Free Member

When I was at uni I broke up with a girlfriend, and then text my best mate to update them… “Just broke up with X”

To which I got the answer, “I think I know, I was there!”. Dammit!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

At peterpoddy, was it a formal rant or did you use words like monkeyballs and forkinforkwits? I really hope the later

Nope, it was literally just those 3 words “Fekkin stupid eejits” no more, no less. 🙂

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I have been told off so many times at work for calling a spade a spade.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Why? Is it not a spade? 😉

Cougar

If management are to be believed, it’s an air-cooled manually operated earth moving device.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Pictures on a certain style of website

Right-click, save as.
    Or, in one case, right-click, set as active wallpaper. (note, active wallpaper not turned on for normal monitor display, so the error goes unnoticed)

Take computer to customer site.

Connect it the projector (different display settings to normal monitor) in their boardroom.

Turn computer on.

You can see what’s coming can’t you…

😳

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Exactly, but apparently ‘being technically correct does not excuse being deliberately inflammatory’ 🙄

boblo
    Free Member

Back when I was a **** eejit, I called a client and was put on hold. As I waited I explained (loudly) to a colleague (with the phone still in the ‘in use’ position) what a bunch of cretins this particular customer was comprised of etc etc. I shortly found out, though I was on hold, I was also on speaker at the other end…. I haven’t made that mistake again….

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Not me, but I liked.
    we had someone start here with the same, somewhat unusual name, as mine. my email address is first.last@.. his is firstlast@..
    some of my emails went to him and he forwarded them with some snotty comments about how it was my responsibility to inform the whole world about my correct email address. Once he said if it continues he would “report” me. Who to? IT? Read the signature at the bottom of this email, pal. Anyway, he went off sick for a couple of days and emailed his secretary to let her know that his diary had to be rearranged and to cancel a meeting with a supplier. How do I know? because he cc’ed the email to himself. Only he got the address slightly wrong…

pingu66
    Free Member

I have had a few none of which have been done by me fortunately I guess its being in IT.

A sales manager called me when I was help desk as he had emailed his whole team everyones salary, bonus and rise for that year. I dont think he ould recall it because we used Lotus Notes or something so not alot we could do as it had been delivered. He had to send an email saying do not read previous mail, like that will work.

A colleague replied all rather than just me calling the client a bunch of clowns etc etc. Another time same guy same thing calling the customer a bunch of twunts. Still kept his job.

Best one is signing emails “Retards” instead of “Regards” you can pretty much get away with that as the “T” is above “G” on your keyboards.

maccruiskeen

I quite liked this post from a similar thread recently

FYI

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Ooops!!’ is closed to new replies.