Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Oooops ive sold my bike twice!!
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

I listed a bike for sale the other day. Got the usual string of offers, questions and harassment. Buyer A sent about 10 emails yesterday haggling over the price and trying to get me to send it by 24hr courier to arrive tomorrow (saturday). He wanted it sent this morning. Gave buyer A my bank details and figured he would pay last night as promised. This morning there was still no money from buyer A when i checked at 9am. Left the ebay listing on and went to work as i had a half day to do.
    At about 10.30am buyer A sends £10 to my account to check it was the right account..(i didnt know he had done this and was actually out on the road in my van)
    At 12.30 Buyer B clicks on Buy it Now on ebay and pays straight away the full amount.

Who do i sell the bike to??

highclimber
    Free Member

Who do i sell the bike to??

the person who pays in full first, of course! if Buyer A was that desperate to have it he would have paid ASAP

pingu66
    Free Member

Buyer A could have used the buy it now feature I would sell to B. Depends how much hassle there was and who let who down.

The other way is A as you agreed to sell it but for whatever reason left it on fleabay.

Difficult one.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Yep, B, they’ve actually paid for it, A has been pissing about.

donsimon
    Free Member

Buyer A, as soon as they pay the full amount.
    Explain to buyer B, return the money and reimburse their costs, if any, and keep them sweet in case buyer A gets arsey and pulls out.
    How would you feel if you were A and the bike was sold from under you?

b-a-c-o-n
    Free Member

Ouch…..Ebay selling fees !!!

cloudnine
    Free Member

Buyer A had all afternoon yesterday and evening to pay. How did he expect me to arrange a courier today (most people would be at work all day) to arrive tomorrow (Pembrokeshire to Plymouth)??
    If i refund Buyer B i will probably get negative ebay feedback too.

donsimon
    Free Member

To B then.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Your contract with A was breached by him in not paying on time?

Sell it to B I’d say.

maccruiskeen

Why didn’t buyer A use the buy it now in the first place? Buyer A sounds like a bit of a shambles – buyer B seems to have out bid him and sounds like a straight forward person to deal with (in the sense that you don’t need to deal with him at all)

cloudnine
    Free Member

Ouch…..Ebay selling fees !!!

I added on about 10% of what i was willing to take to cover fees.. 8)

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Buyer A has attempted to buy outside eBay. Report him and sell to B

maccruiskeen

I’ve got a friend who constantly hassles and haggles with ebay sellers, trying to get bargains by getting to seller to end auctions early and deal outside ebay to save fees. Almost always ends in disappointment, either because the deal falls through or the item he’s after is crap in some way and he’s left without a leg to stand on.

It won’t be the first time Buyer A has had a deal fall through – and he can’t leave you feedback either so his only recourse is to bad mouthing you on an internet forum or wee in his own shoes and imagine they are yours

coolhandluke
    Free Member

If the email contract was to sell the bike, listed for £X originally, at £X-1, to buyer A, and buyer A failed o honour that offer, eg didn’t pay in time or didn’t pay the correct amount, then no contract has been made. You are under no obligation to seller A as they have not honoured the full offer they made with you and so therefore havn’t made adequate acceptance.

Buyer B however has seen your offer, £X, has paid £X and has therefore accepted your offer.

I’d say you are obliged to honour the contract with buyer B.

Oh, buyer A has been p155ing you about too by the way trying to lower the offer price ang seemingly request unreasonable delivery demands.

Sell to B. Give A his £10 back saying £10 was not enough to buy the bike.

loum
    Free Member

You don’t say explicitly whether you finalised the agreement on a sale with A.
    You know if you did, and if so should have ended the listing at that point. As it was still listed, I’d guess you didn’t.
    You did sell it to B, legally and with witnesses (ebay).

smudge
    Free Member

Buyer B will be the one leaving feedback 😉

cloudnine
    Free Member

Im sure this kinda shit always happens to me.. I even joked to my dad mid morning that i bet i manage to sell the bike twice whilst im out.
    I sort of feel like its a major purchase for buyer A and they were very hesitant.

smudge
    Free Member

Does buyer A know the payment has gone into your account yet? can take up to 3 days, and being a BH longer. so in theory *cough* you may not have seen his money in your account yet.

cloudnine
    Free Member

You don’t say explicitly whether you finalised the agreement on a sale with A.
    You know if you did, and if so should have ended the listing at that point. As it was still listed, I’d guess you didn’t.
    You did sell it to B, legally and with witnesses (ebay).

I said to A that i would end the listing as soon as they paid.. but they hadnt paid by the time i went to work this morning so I couldnt end the listing on ebay.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I hardly ever end auctions early – always time wasters looking for a bargain.

highclimber
    Free Member

I said to A that i would end the listing as soon as they paid.. but they hadnt paid by the time i went to work this morning so I couldnt end the listing on ebay.

Technically if you were to pull the sale to Buyer B, you’d be in breach of contract. just sell to B, it’s gonna be a whole lot easier in the long run what with Neg feedback and a hash against your name on ebay.

loum
    Free Member

Good, you have answered your own question.
    There was a conditional offer and the conditions were not fulfilled. You have no contract with A. Return the tenner and complete the sale you have made to B.

imnotverygood

To B or not to B……

avdave2

Im sure this kinda shit always happens to me..

And why do you think might be? 🙄

kaesae
    Free Member

So you told buyer A you would wait for the full amount if he paid a deposit, but forgot to remove the frame from ebay 😯

Now you’ve got a better price and altered the story somewhat, so that you can get support from your fellow STW members and not feel quite as shitty ❓

OUTRAGEOUS BEHAVIOR!!!! 😆

cloudnine
    Free Member

And why do you think might be?

This time in summary… I tried to sell a bike on ebay and the country is full of retards who are registered on there?? I stupidly said pay money into my account and i’ll send you a bike. Retard had a spaz out and didnt do it.
    Cool cat with his money comes along and spunks it down without blinking.

cloudnine
    Free Member

So you told buyer A you would wait for the full amount if he paid a deposit

I end up with the same amount of money whichever buyer has it. I never mmentioned a deposit but just said if you want the bike pay the money into my account and i’ll remove it from ebay and arrange a next day courier as soon as its done.

kaesae
    Free Member

Do you have any evidence or witness’s to collaborating these unsubstantiated claims?

If what you say is true then buyer b gets a frame and buyer a gets a refund, simple.

Don’t sweet it, just deal with it and remember avoid being an asshole, the worlds at total asshole capacity!

cloudnine
    Free Member

Thanks.. was just wanting a quick onion on what STW thought on this.
    I think im just gonna go with buyer B as it will be more hassle to explain to them that the bike was sort of already sold.
    You snooze… you loose
    If the dimwit had stuck the money in my account when he said he would he’d have been unpacking a bike tomorrow morning.

avdave2

Retard had a spaz out and didnt do it.

Retard doesn’t remove bike once sold from ebay. 🙂

davidjones15
    Free Member

This time in summary… I tried to sell a bike on ebay and the country is full of retards who are registered on there?? I stupidly said pay money into my account and i’ll send you a bike. Retard had a spaz out and didnt do it.
    Cool cat with his money comes along and spunks it down without blinking.

Everything was going so well until this. 🙁

cloudnine
    Free Member

Retard doesn’t remove bike once sold from ebay

Have you ever sold a bike/car etc on ebay??
    You have so many tools contacting you trying to haggle and swap stuff.
    The buyer A didnt even call me even tho i gave him my number so i figured he wasnt going to cough up. He wanted the price lowered so i said he could have it for the agreed price if he stuck the money in my account.
    Not that hard really. He must have realised someone else could come along and buy it if he didnt pull his finger out and send me the money??

cloudnine
    Free Member

Let the buyer A down as apologetically as i could and offered to help him source another bike in the same budget. Hope he isnt now on his way over with bombers in hand.

davidjones15
    Free Member

Let the buyer A down as apologetically as i could and offered to help him source another bike in the same budget. Hope he isnt now on his way over with bombers in hand.

Let’s hope the retard hasn’t learnt how to use internet forums yet.

smudge
    Free Member

Hey cloudnine, wait for a buyer A to start a topic now lol

tonyd

B

coffeeking
    Free Member

Buyer B. You shouldn’t have left the auction live if you were going to sell it to someone. Buyer B has bought and paid fairly, buyer A took too long.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Oooops ive sold my bike twice!!’ is closed to new replies.